Front End/GUI Wrappers for (5) different PowerShell Scripts for Windows 10/11 Debloating and more

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Davidgamerthumbs, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Davidgamerthumbs

Davidgamerthumbs MDL Junior Member

Oct 25, 2020
    This is a little rant...and also an update.

In college, I have this new teacher. It looks like he expects his students to be so well versed in development like he is.
    He is not like other older experienced teachers who expect just 'college-grade level work' from his students. This one expects his students to be experts already... Ughhhhh.... I am in college and not university.

So this last semester will be drain. I got to be well prepared and it is also a flipped course. I am expected to know the material before coming to classes.

Basically, I got a marked quiz back and the teacher was not understanding. It was a reflection type of quiz. I thought of being open to where I was in the course and tell my experience would be enough to answer the questions but he wanted me to answer like I was an expert in myself, the topic/course and add a to-do list of things I wanted to do to improve to gain 100% knowledge in the course. I don't like new teachers. :(

So I hope to have time to do other things ... I hope.

2. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
    #62 drew84, Feb 7, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  3. farag

farag MDL Member

Apr 1, 2014
    #63 farag, Feb 7, 2021
    @drew84
    That is based on Sycnex's hack? Lol. Did you see how many opened (and even unreplied) issue there are?)

4. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
    #64 drew84, Feb 7, 2021
    ... am well aware of that, hence the qualifier 'Fans of the CTT based GUI'
    as a side note.. I am of the impression that CTT may have addressed some of those issues with his modified script

but just to even things up...

Fans (Myself included) of the W10SS GUI (Front-end) can find the latest version (now re-named Sophia.Script.Wrapper) on the Windows-10-Sophia-Script release page

5. Davidgamerthumbs

Oct 25, 2020
    Short story about things
    --------------------------------
    The CTT version is a combination of CTT and some Sycnex (working code) and other code modified to support the new GUI front page 'EZ Debloater'.

I had some time and am using the CTT for 2 things. 1. Experimentation, 2. Trying to understand the 'Debloater/Debloat' market.

In North America people like easy to use simple one page GUI interface I think. So I developed this.

I think its works OK for general debloating. Not for professional customization like Sophia is used for. Maybe farag would want a ez gui front page too?

I like experimenting so that is what I made.

6. farag

farag MDL Member

Apr 1, 2014
    Some day... We contacted the freelancer designer again to create a new design like in new Windows Terminal Preview 1.6, because the current one we bought becomes old and doesn't fit own vision. He will get back to work kn Monday.

7. Davidgamerthumbs

Oct 25, 2020
    I have been doing personal things and personal projects.

I rebuilt this app (V1.1) I host on FreeTimeTech. It has similar functions to debloating for the optimizer part of the program. https://freetimetech.com/network-and-optimizer-utility-by-ftt/
    It is a Windows 10 desktop system deployment tool to setup networking and customize general common options in Windows.

The commands are a mix running (PowerShell/cmd/sc and C#) behind the interface.

The previous old program written in Visual Basics (V1.0) works without issues on Windows 10 I believe.

The latest link to download seems to have issues running on computers other than my main desktop.

I think I exhausted all googled answers.. still not working. I disabled Defender and allowed for Developer side loading.... I disable anti virus.

Does it work for you?

Dave

8. farag

farag MDL Member

Apr 1, 2014
  9. Davidgamerthumbs

Oct 25, 2020
  10. Davidgamerthumbs

Oct 25, 2020
    I finally could sit down and figure out how to read "Sophia.PS1" file to populate the radiobuttons in each tab for Sophia Script Wrapper.

This issue was bothering me for 3+ months. Farag has been telling me to implement this for that long :)

I am still learning. And talking about learning ...

I discovered this Software Development Teacher named Angela online via YouTube feed. She was once a medical doctor specializing in surgery.
    I have been learning more programming skills from her. https://www.udemy.com/user/4b4368a3-b5c8-4529-aa65-2056ec31f37e/

I find it very easy to learn from her. I learned new programming ways of thinking to approach problems. She knows how to talk. She has a nice accent (British one). Anyways anyone looking to start learning to program with Python first should take a look. Very helpful, calm and cheerful demeanor. I can listen to her all day teaching. The courses are cheap and you keep them forever. Many different caption languages.

Dave

11. Davidgamerthumbs

Oct 25, 2020
    It has been about 1 month since I last posted. I have done some things

1. I updated FTT Windows 10 Debloater scripts for EZ Debloater front page
    2. I worked on UI changes for Sophia Script Wrapper. Farag and I have a cool update coming soon :)

I am trying to find time to study more coding techniques from the Angela Yu teacher. It is really relaxing to see and hear her videos.

I am in summer school right now.

12. Davidgamerthumbs

Oct 25, 2020
    #73 Davidgamerthumbs, Jun 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    (OP)
    LOL I dropped summer school. I could not handle studying during the hot summer and I hate the course I was taking.

I was taking just one general elective course in health studies "Plagues, Poverty and People" at my college.

It was too much information. Constant barrage of things to remember. I am not good in 'life/health sciences'.

Now I dedicate my time to doing summer activities :)

I plan to learn more Windows Software Development.

I need to rework the wrappers.

13. Blackman184

Blackman184 MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2021
    Thank for nice scriptting. But when I clicked check boxes ==> apply ==> not working. Everything don't change anythings. How to fix it? Thanks

14. Davidgamerthumbs

Oct 25, 2020
    Some settings need reboot computer.

15. Davidgamerthumbs

Oct 25, 2020
    I updated the first post. https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...pts-for-windows-10-debloating-and-more.82584/

I am back in school to hopefully finish school this school year o_O.

I am trying to take is slow and easy in school. I learned to just do school homework the day they are assigned with some effort and finish it up the day before its due.
    I suffer from anxiety from school LOL:p I must do all homework ahead of time to avoid any anxiety.

Dave

16. Hi anything new from your side :)
    New Year Gift to MDL USERS ;)

17. Davidgamerthumbs

Oct 25, 2020
    I luckily finished some school. One more semester left I hope. :rolleyes:

I will try to do something. I am not sure what exactly.

I will try to browse around to see what I find worthwhile to look at.

Sorry for the late reply :(

18. Davidgamerthumbs

Oct 25, 2020
    I did not finish school yet ... so I feel incomplete.

I am just helping updating the current "Debloaters". I updated the first post.

But generally the plan is to update the UI/UX with WinUI3. Taking some time to learn.

Dave

19. Davidgamerthumbs

Oct 25, 2020
    It has been taking sometime to develop with WinUI3 to recreate the wrapper for Sophia Script.

During development I had to try different versions of the WinUI3 SDK. I met with quite a few bugs using older releases of WinUI3.

Hopefully the latest revision will be 100% usable.

The functionality of the wrapper is complete and needs testing and some more redesign.

[​IMG]