Frozen Screen Saver

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by cuscus, Jan 21, 2008.

1. cuscus

cuscus MDL Novice

May 6, 2007
    Hi, most of the time when I come back to use my computer, the Screen Saver is froze, nothing is moving. I have to hit the Esc. key many times and just wait it out. This is very annoying especially when I'm rushing to access my computer. Would anyone know why this is happening and what to do?

Thanks in advance.

2. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    We need more details. What computer, what OS etc do you use. What kind of screen saver is it? ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cuscus

cuscus MDL Novice

May 6, 2007
    Screen Saver

I work with Microsoft 2000, Windows XP, Internet Explorer 7 and my Screen Saver is Mystify which came with Microsoft Windows.

4. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    How about the energy/energy saving/standby options in the control panel? Maybe there is something causing a sensation...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cuscus

cuscus MDL Novice

May 6, 2007
    :confused: I looked in Control Panel as you suggested but I cannot find anything regarding energy. I found other info about having Outlook Express checking for emails that might cause the problem but not in my case. My OE checks every 30 minutes and my Screen Saver is set for 5 minutes, if my SS was set longer than 30 min. it could have caused it to freeze.

6. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Does this problem appear right after the activation of the screensaver or after a period of time?

Does the situation change if you switch off all running, but not necessary processes?