frustrated activate windows 7 RTM

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by to2k, Sep 1, 2009.

1. to2k

to2k MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2009
    I'm install windows 7 RTM on my acer ferrari 1000, but i can't activate it...
    I already try all activator on "The Official Windows 7 Repository" but no luck for me....
    Please somebody help me....I really want this windows 7....:(:(
    PS : my bios is Phoenix v1.3201

2. atifsh

atifsh MDL Junior Member

Jun 4, 2008
    first if u can in stall windows 7 RTM agian that would be better.
    otherwise use hazors loader and uninstall all loaders by uninstal;l option.
    use chew 0.6 / 0.7 it will activate. many dells that cannot be activated by other loader got activated by chew. so im assuming if u r having issue, try chew.

ok check for bios mod to get SLIC 2.1

3. Brandrune

Brandrune MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Your not connected to the net.

4. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #5 HotCarl, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
    to2k... I would recommend Daz's program-based act*vator, as that one seems to have great compatibility lately with the Dells (and older laptops) that I have used it on (if the default softmod loader does not work, try the "experimental" loader option; version 1.5.2 is the latest). You can also try one of Hazar's (& Orbit30) loaders (I think version 1.5 is the latest).

CHEW-WGA is a hack that modifies system files, and can have detrimental side-effects down the road. If I were you, I would disable (and never use) windows update if you use that hack, as who knows what will happen if Windows tries to update some system files that CHEW has modified... CHEW-WGA "activation" is fake activation. You are not really activated using the hack, all it does is disable activation timers/checks/activation nags, and hacks Windows 7 to show falsely that it is activated. If you want a system that is "activated" now, but will give you many problems down the road, use the CHEW-WGA hack... IMHO, you would be MUCH better off using a loader, as this will not modify any Windows files/components/services, and it will activate Win7 "legitimately" by emulating the required SLIC 2.1 tables outside of Windows 7 (before it starts up) allowing for OEM offline activation without permanently modifying and damaging your system like the hack does...

..what may work fine now, at the moment, will most likely turn into a huge mess if you ever update your system, or *gasp* install SP1 when it comes out...and you will be constantly reliant on CHEW-WGA updates to maintain a working hacked system. It is soooo much easier just to use a loader, then you don't have to worry about updates, and if your loader does somehow get deactivated by some obscure update down the read, just install a new loader (unlike with CHEW-WGA, where if the system tries to update a modified file, or update a file that is reliant on a file modified by CHEW that is modified in a way that makes it unusable to the updated file, or use a service that has been disabled but is expected, etc., etc., etc., ...it will probably end up causing more trouble then it is worth and you will probably have to reinstall Windows and all your apps eventually as there is no way to undo the damage that the hack causes).

EDIT: If you can "activate" by NO other means, then I guess it is a method of absolutely last resort... I hope for your sake in the future that you exhausted every other means before trying CHEW and wrecking your Win7 install...

5. Opa

Opa MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    I wouldn't say better!

6. atifsh

atifsh MDL Junior Member

Jun 4, 2008
    ive yet to see any other loader do the trick, will try the emulation thingy / program based. but i know dells are not happy with loaders.

second its not bad. its the only one yet i think which is not emulation or loader but actual crack. chew is a crack yes. but it works fine and yes u can use windows update.

7. atifsh

atifsh MDL Junior Member

Jun 4, 2008
    missing the point buddy, when u cant mod and when u cant use loader, and u dont or can't buy win 7... what should one do? and no it doesnt wreck win 7 pls dont confuse ppl that already are irritated for non activated windows.

8. Downloadix

Downloadix MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2009
    #9 Downloadix, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  9. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #10 HotCarl, Sep 1, 2009
  10. anemeros

anemeros MDL Developer

Aug 12, 2009
    #11 anemeros, Sep 2, 2009
  11. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #12 HotCarl, Sep 2, 2009
  12. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #13 HotCarl, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
    Well anemeros? I am sorry if my post made you upset, as that was not my intention. It is my intention to inform people what is happening to their PCs, and when forum users keep on speaking of CHEW as if it were a loader, or a genuine act*vator, that is totally incorrect...and you seem to be saying nothing about it to these people, so I said something before many people install these hacks, and then get results that they did not want or intend... People think they are getting genuine activation with your hack (and hacks in general) when they simply are not. They are putting their PCs into essentially a perpetual trial mode where the system has been hacked to disable the activation nags/timers/protection service(s) and to show falsely that it is activated. That is all I am saying. I am just trying to clear up the difference between your hack (and hacks in general) and loader/BIOS mod method of genuine activation...because believe it or not, many people do not know the difference in "activation" because you do not tell them. If you were more straightforward about what CHEW is doing, and the method of "activation" that is uses, then people would not misinterpret things, and I would have nothing to say on the matter... :)

13. to2k

to2k MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2009
    First...I want to say thanks for everyone advice...
    I'm reinstalling my windows 7, but now I'm dual booting it with XP...
    and I try activate it with 7loader by Hazar and it active...Weird!!!
    I really confuse...when I just have one OS in My laptop, it can't activate by any loader except by chew 0.7 (Anemaros)...
    But I'm happy now cause I get my windows 7 activate...with genuine logo in it...
    Thanks agai everyone...:)

14. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    I am very glad that you were able to get genuine activ@tion. :D

15. anemeros

anemeros MDL Developer

Aug 12, 2009
    So you have better things to do with your time, and yet here you are like the rest of us. ;) I'm sorry that you're upset by version 0.6 causing an issue with your test system, and that you apparently neglected or forgot to set a restore point before using it. I don't mind you wanting to clear up the differences between activators, cracks, and BIOS mods, but must you bring up Chew-WGA each and every time as an example of something that would cause people issues?

I understand and agree that people do need to know what they're getting into, but at the same time, regardless of whether someone is a n00b, they should not be using cracks without backing up their system first. I wasn't intending Chew-WGA for people who don't know the basics of computing. I like to think that most users of my software, and hopefully most in the underground software communities, have at least a basic understanding of software security.

If a user does not have the common sense to backup their system before applying a crack, patch, etc, then it's not really my problem. It's not a retail tool, so there's not a lot of point in being over-descriptive, but I've always been open to answer any questions people have asked about it. Take a look at my entire threads for 0.6 and 0.7, and you can see that as soon as I signed up at MDL, I was answering people's questions left and right.

Chew-WGA patches system file resources to make everything appear and function as if it were a full version. I've said this before, so it's not like I'm hiding it. It does not use the conventional methods to achieve its results, which in my perspective, is an advantage for the long run. Also, I'm not so much upset as I am curious about your intent. You say you are just using Chew-WGA as an example, and yet you've cited it multiple times. Simply because you had a less than ideal experience with version 0.6, doesn't mean that other people will have the same issues. Also, 0.7 is a complete rebuild from scratch, and more more compatible, and 0.8 will be even better.

It's important to note that 99% of the people I've encountered who have had trouble with Chew-WGA 0.7 (excluding the genuine notice from using wordpad or photo viewer) are those whose system files were not overwritten properly due to file access errors. You keep referencing that it is not a genuine activator, but I never claimed that it was, so pointing that out over and over is useless. I think you're missing the point. The goal is to make Windows 7 appear and function as if it were legitimate, keeping it perpetually in an inactivated state without the nags and warnings, etc. This way, users can install Windows 7 without even using an activation key at all. Yes, it may seem backwards, but it's a fresh concept and I like it, not to mention that there are lots of people who have reported positive results.

Well, I have better things to do with my time (like sleep :)), so I'm off.

All the best,
    Anemeros

16. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #17 HotCarl, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
    Then you should explain that (perhaps bolded) in the OP of your CHEW-WGA thread, as many users seem to falsely assume, despite your openness, that the CHEW-WGA hack enables genuine Windows activation.
    Maybe something in the OP (in plain English, understandable to even the most novice of PC users) to the effect of: "The CHEW-WGA program does not genuinely activate Windows 7, but instead keeps Windows in a permanent trial mode, and makes the system seem as though it is activated by disabling all respective protection service(s) and activation timers/nags. In order to attain this non-genuine activation, CHEW-WGA will modify system files, components, and turn off select system services." That does not seem unreasonable to ask. :)

No. I am informing people who do not know because you do not openly tell them in the OP of the CHEW thread, and they just download your software... Or someone says "try CHEW-WGA to activate your system" but does not say anything about the non-genuine activation (because they probably do not even know themselves), as it is not plainly stated in the OP of the CHEW-WGA thread... And I am willing to bet you that 9 times out of 10 (and that is a conservative estimate) that people will prefer genuine windows activation as opposed to artificial "trial mode" activation and will subsequently choose a loader over CHEW if they were properly informed of the difference... That is why I recommend to everyone that they try all the loaders they can first, and if loaders do not work, consider a BIOS mod next, before using CHEW-WGA as a last resort (due to the nature of it's non-genuine activation).

Again, I mean no disrespect to you, but you are doing a very poor job if informing people of this difference if that is what you think that you are doing.

<Many people may not even know that there is even a difference between genuine and non-genuine activation (or that there even is such a thing as non-genuine activation) since they are not told...hence the reason I said something. People should fully be informed of what is going on, and the differences between one type of "act*vator" vs. another, when it comes to installing something on their PC.>

17. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    leaving thread open, just keep the discussion on the level, but people need to read this to understand what CHEW-WGA does.

18. jackpet

jackpet MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2009
    I think your Chew-WGA is great, anemeros. It was the only one that activated my Win7 on my Lenovo laptop. (I used the loaders on my desktop systems but only because I was unaware of Chew before I did this.)

I find it quite laughable on how some are qualifying the hacks. A hack is a hack is a hack. MS can kill a loader just as easily as they can kill Chew if they so desire. (Not so BIOS mods - I realize that, before somebody jumps down my throat).

Having been part of this "scene" for years, I can tell you that many hacks of many software programs do exactly what Chew does - extend the trial period indefinitely. There is nothing wrong with this technique. (As a matter of fact, I was happy to see someone come up with an *alternative* method to hacking Win7). The more alternatives the better.

So kudos to you anemeros for being creative enough to come up with a novel way of doing things. It gives many people who can not activate with a loader, a working alternative.

19. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #20 HotCarl, Sep 4, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
    Loaders are not hacks. They never were, nor will they ever be. Thats why theyre called loaders and not hacks. Loaders only trick Windows into thinking that it is running on an OEM PC (by emulating the BIOS SLIC 2.1 tables in memory) when it is not, thus enabling use of the SLP keys for offline activation...
    Read up on things a little before making inaccurate comments. If you want to use CHEW-WGA, go ahead...all I am trying to say is that the method of activation it uses is not genuine. It does not activate your system, it only makes your system look like it is activated, and keep your PC in a perpetual trial mode. If that is what you want, go for it. No one is stopping you. Just know that if you use CHEW-WGA, your system will not really be activated... :)

What source do you draw on this from? A hack is not a hack is not a hack, and loaders are certainly not the same. Get your facts straight, and please cite your sources before making wild claims... :)