Fujitsu Esprimo P2560 - Phoenix Trusted Core - Unlocking

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by itsmemario1, Jul 15, 2014.

1. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Senior Member

Sep 10, 2012
    #1 itsmemario1, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    Its a DualCore Pentium @3,2GHz (E5800), 2GB RAM on a Fujitsu mainboard with intel GMA 4500(M)(HD), running Win 8.1 Pro (x64).

Link to extracted BIOS using "Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit" :

[FUJITSU PhoenixTechnologiesLtd.-6.00R1.02.3041.A1.rom] size: 1024

http://d-h.st/ZMc

The downloadable "flash disk", "usb stick", "linux boot disk" and "Instant Desk Flash Software" can be downloaded here : (7mb)

http://d-h.st/kl4

It is already at the newest version, but as always, there should be many options hidden or ready to be unlocked.

What is strange this time is, that the downloaded BIOS files arent 1024 in size but 512 with some additional files are on the bootdisk, as you can see here :
    (Im not yet sure why and what that means)

3 omf files - 1 ocf file - 1 kernel.sys - and a file called p6_intel.all o_O

[​IMG]

And the flash.exe is (c) by Fujitsu Technology Solutions 2009

[​IMG]

I found this on my digital life so far : (its from 2009 and Yen is involved) :)

http://forums.mydigitallife.net/archive/index.php/t-7337.html

It has links to Phoenix Unpacker Tools as well.

It also explains to use the "compressed package" (BUP file is a ZIP) and/or delete the 1st 112byte and the last byte, so the (dumped) file can be opened in PBE.
    I will try that another day, as it still says EOF error. More infos inside that thread ! =)

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I can remember this kind of BIOS, very rare. FUjitzu tried to make it hard to modify BIOSes by 'formatting / compressing' it their special way. And I replied a bit harsh to Obelix when not providing the files. That time I modded a lot of BIOSes per day and I got upset if one is not providing the files...:eek:

I think I'll have a look at it again when having spare time and will reply here if I find something new. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. itsmemario1

Sep 10, 2012
    #3 itsmemario1, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    (OP)
    FUjitzu x'D

Im still scared about the sticker saying "made in germany"...should be more like "assembled in germany"...but I dont remember, also because I never had Fujitsu/Siemens electronics.

mmhhh, rare BIOS, good for eBay... ;)

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Yes depends on what one means with 'made in'. My own PC is also assembled in Germany, by me. :biggrin: But most parts are made in PRC.

BTW I have here @ work a Fujitsu Esprimo P520. It is OK, and it has a real recovery, means it can be initiated by moving a jumper anytime you want, bricked or not. This means unlimited modding attempts. (It has AMI APTIO EFI)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. itsmemario1

Sep 10, 2012
    Send me that jumper ! :D

Thats cool, never heard of such things (here in germany) :p

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I could not resist to try it. The EFI is password protected, it can't be reset by removing battery. So I downloaded the latest EFI from Fujitsu site onto a USB stick.
    I switched off my PC and plugged the stick in and moved the jumper one pin to the left (recovery position).

[​IMG]

Then I switched it on, the screen stayed blank and it beeped....finally the beep sound changed and repeated. I switched the PC off and moved the jumper back to its original position and switched it on again.
    Result: The EFI has been flashed and the password reset. :D

I have now full access to the setup and could try to modify it.
    This is what I call a real recovery. It can be initiated anytime the user wants, it is actually 'unbrickable'.

(Sorry for OT, just wanted to post that as a perfect example. Fujitsu moved from their own strange BIOS to a perfect recoverable EFI nowadays, well done!)

7. itsmemario1

Sep 10, 2012
    #7 itsmemario1, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
    (OP)
    This post belongs to :
    http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/55704-Packard-Bell-EasyNote-S4-VBIOS-modification?highlight=

I havent really found much info on "BIOS mod that allows more (then max) RAM", as it is (usually) chipset related.

The chipset here is intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express.
    (supports. max 2GB of DDR-333 / DDR2-400 / DDR2-533) according to official data sheet.

Did someone ever hear of a chipset (915GM) modification/hack that would be able to "surpass" the 2GB limit on it ?
    Or did this question just turn into pointless ? :rolleyes:

8. itsmemario1

Sep 10, 2012
    #8 itsmemario1, Jul 30, 2014
    (OP)
  9. itsmemario1

Sep 10, 2012
    #9 itsmemario1, Sep 5, 2014
    (OP)
  10. itsmemario1

Sep 10, 2012
    Any chance to have a look at this again ? :)