Fujitsu Siemens Windows XP Professional Recovery CD

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by LeliB, Sep 9, 2017.

1. LeliB

LeliB MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2013
    Hello, fellow forum members. I have just joined...

So, basically, I've been given a couple of Fujitsu CELSIUS workstations running Windows XP Professional. I am willing to restore them back to their original state and have not managed to find a Fujitsu Windows XP Professional Recovery CD ISO image online.

I emailed Fujitsu and they did not help me, due to the fact that support for Windows XP has ended.
    I do not know what to do at this point. Does anyone here have one, please?

I've attempted to restore the computers via other means:

- Entering safe mode with Command Prompt, then performing a System Restore.
    Issue: There are no available restore points.

- Entering the boot menu and choosing 'Recovery and Utility'.
    Issue: The 'Recovery and Utility' option is not available.

Someone on another forum has suggested that I manually restore the computer to its original state by uninstalling the programs one by one and deleting all the profiles excluding the built-in Administrative one.

I am not really aiming towards this option, so an ISO image of the Recovery CD would be appreciated.

Thank you.

2. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
    I'm always a bit leery of package software supplied by manufacturers
    tends to include a lot of garbage software no one ever wants to use.
    but these may be different. I would do several things:
    1. find the advertising and technical brochures for these computers and see what's offered for software.

2. enter the uninstall menu and do a screen print of each page of it

date of installation should give you a reasonable indication of what was initially installed and what was added later by the user.

The recovery cd could be a barebones WinXP system the same as you would get from a clean install

or it could include an array of specialized and unique software available nowhere else

or it include a mass of software, samples, unactivated test versions , real garbage

The screen print of the uninstall menu, and the dates of software installation should give you some clues
    about what you've got.

...T

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @LeliB

Why don't you opt for untouched MSDN ISOs, then use OEM:SLP activation? And why XP? At least switch to 7.

What is the exact model of those workstations?

4. LeliB

LeliB MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2013
    Sorry for taking long to reply. I am currently using free garbage internet from repeaters as I have no internet connection at home.

I will check, thanks for the advice :)

How does OEM:SLP activation work, if you don't mind explaining?

They are CELSIUS R610 workstations. I don't think they will be able to handle Windows 7.

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  6. LeliB

LeliB MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2013
    They actually have 3GB of RAM. :D
    I would personally prefer Windows XP because we need these computers to run some old software which might not work properly on Windows 7.
    Thanks for the links. :)

7. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
  8. LeliB

LeliB MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2013
    Thanks for your reply.

I did not find any Recovery ISO on the hard drive. All I managed to find was an HTML file called "Recovery-Info", which contains some information related to Recovery CD-ROM itself.

These computers were used as CAD stations and due to their obsolescence, they were going to end up in the trash (I love to collect old computers, so I am very happy to have them). The person who gave them to me will check whether they still have a Recovery CD laying around at the workplace. If no CD is found, I'll probably go with the OEM:SLP activation.

9. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
    One final thought, would it be possible to obtain another hard drive (yes I know it'd scsi)
    but it looks like there is an IDE capability in this unit which if it could be made bootable would make a
    good platform to experiment with recovery without disturbing the original hdd while you're experimenting
    (I bought for $15.00 a 160GB hard drive for a POS (point of sale ) computer I'm resurrecting for a router project)

Alternatively back up the hard drive as a ghost image to a portable hard drive so you can easily get back to
    where you are.

I'll continue thinking

...T

10. LeliB

LeliB MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2013
    Thank you very much for taking your time to reply with help.

I have several SCSI hard disks, so that's not a problem, but...
    ...good news! The guy I got it from will be getting me a Fujitsu Siemens Windows XP Professional Recovery CD with SP3 slipstreamed!

Once I get it, shall I upload it here for everyone to enjoy?

Again, thanks a lot for your advice and help.

11. PaulTroll1282

PaulTroll1282 MDL Junior Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Yes please if you have time please give me a link to download/upload it please
    Me too have a fujitsu siemen computer.

12. embersky

embersky MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2020
    Did you ever get that Fujitsu Siemens Windows XP Professional Recovery CD with SP3? I need the ISO to restore an old Celsius R640.