Future Job

Discussion in 'Mixed Languages' started by splinter_, Apr 10, 2013.

1. splinter_

splinter_ MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2012
    Hello MDL members, I don't know if this is good section of forum to ask this question....

Can you get a job as programmer if you don't have a college degree ?

Thanks ! :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Marvelous

Marvelous MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2013
    Hello splinter I think this thread should be located on other section indeed(perhaps chat section or so), back to your question personally I've talked/met with developers'people' who been working years with small companies (for instance: SanDisk) and they haven't studied at the college or university.though ,Nowadays it might be hard for you to become a programmer at big companies and even impossible since many students study computer science and obviously the company rather having an employer with college certification over an employer who hasn't finished/continued college.
    If you think you are skilled programmer then give it a try and send a resume for companies. Perhaps they'll invite you for you an interview.

3. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    Most of the jobs I have seen says about 5-6 years experience Computer Science degree or a comparable portfolio!! I would just say keep on coding and keep a library of all the software you have had a part in developing. Then slap them in your resume!