FYI: Other tech companies also collect anonymous data from you and your devices

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by AcuraTML, Aug 19, 2015.

1. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

2. Edwe

Edwe MDL Member

Sep 1, 2011
    no news under the sun, but many think there is:biggrin:

3. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#3 AcuraTML, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2015
    (OP)
    Your right, and I hear you... ;)

Its just not M$ doing this data collection, " its the new groove and style from here on moving forward "

Point Blank: The Internet as we all did know it from 30, 20, 10, years ago has now completely changed in regarding in new controls that are in place, and thousands more as we move forward into the future...

Its safe to say now, every time your log on to any internet network, you are being watched by this new technology that is in place for many years and now almost fully completed...

We just have to ask our self, do I need to be doing this??? should I down load this thing??? should I make a comment like that??? and on and on... (this is the balance point and safety buffer on all internet use)

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    People who 'complain' about w10 are aware of the fact that it is a way ALL US monopolies are realizing, which makes w10 not better.
    People who don't care, don't care regardless of which company they agree with their EULA.

It matters most on windows, though. I need a trustworthy environment where I can realize sensitive private works. (banking, pro work, research, corporate use). With w10 the last place has gone now...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. sound2006

sound2006 MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2013
    Guys, remember large corps like Google are notorious for this but we still use them!!!

6. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

I hear you, Yen

Its scary and this will be very interesting from this point moving forward...

7. Edwe

Edwe MDL Member

Sep 1, 2011
    guess u all have accepted the eula:biggrin:

8. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Is there anyway around it?

lol

Plus when you renew your Internet Contract its also binding regarding the new controls that are in place, its just not the Operating System package that is the problem and issue at this time.

9. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    And therein lies the problem.

I noticed this when I started to read the new Microsoft Privacy agreement. That was why I created the thread about it, in the hopes that people will start scrutinizing other companies and see this.

When it's a third party service, we almost expect it. But we can opt out by not using the service.

When it's at the OS level, we can no longer tolerate it. We have to protect ourselves.

:MJ

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#11 AcuraTML, Aug 19, 2015
    (OP)
    Michaela,

Very good comments from you, But at this point in time its really impossible in protecting your self on the internet, you can close all the doors on a OS, but the ISP will nip you at the first point of contact if you or me are doing something outrages on the www network, doesn't matter you use vpn or not your ISP knows every and each point when your original ip handshake gets the vpn new ip handshack and its just a matter of time ( if you or I are doing something that is outside the policy and law )

IMO, turning anything off or on, within ten is a here or there matter under the circumstances, a service patch within an update always will add and correct anything turned off, plus there are chances your unit gets Black Flagged and lets make sure that doesn't happen then your device or all or your devices could be very much "subject and targeted by everyone behind these new control systems that are in place"

Its not rocket science...

11. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    #13 EFA11, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    You can connect with a VPN to connect to websites A, B, and C sending and receiving information, email,or whatever. Your ISP can see none of that. They only see you connected to the VPN. All they CAN see is encrypted data that they cannot decrypt. So they know you're using a VPN, but they don't know what you're using it for.

e.g.
    Code:
                                                                    //////////////////////////////////////////
                                                                            The whole world in your hands

YOU --- ISP ---- VPN /////////////////////////////////////////

ISP only sees encrypted data going from VPN through them to you
                                                                    /////////////////////////////////////////

12. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    The key word that was expressed by OP is anonymous. The OS has changed over the years, and it needs to send data back and forth for it to be as efficient, attractive, and productive as it is becoming. I personally enjoy the new telemetry integrated into Windows 10. This is only the beginning. Enjoy!

13. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#15 AcuraTML, Aug 19, 2015
    (OP)

Thank you! You just saved the world again :worthy:

"""" on the other hand when your provider see:

Code:
                                                                    //////////////////////////////////////////
                                                                            The whole world in your hands

YOU --- ISP ---- VPN /////////////////////////////////////////

ISP only sees encrypted data going from VPN through them to you
                                                                     /////////////////////////////////////////
    [/QUOTE]

You don't think they are on the Red Phone Hotline??? to the hub people in the US named NSA or the The Center for Internet Security :tea:

yea? no?

14. freiwald

freiwald MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2015
    if you remove the store, apps, cortana and ondrive, there isn't anything "new" left if you remove all that stuff which would justify this kind of spying/sending user data.
    so why does it stil lsend stuff, even all this mobile crap is disabled? if it's just the beginning then it's a stillbirth cause all people will go back to 7. like they do now. all my friends stayed on their old systems im the only one using windows 10 and they laugh at me for using it. so please ms make it even more s**ttier, i bet you will not regret it

15. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Everyone won't go back to 7 because 7 is a dead OS. MS has stopped development of it, and other software makers are not going to support it anymore. In a few years there will even be no more security updates for it.

16. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    #18 EFA11, Aug 19, 2015
    you make it sound as if a VPN is an evil bad thing that is illegal and just horrible to use. The entire world around you is zooming through VPN's hell you are too probably, Id reckon you are someone we already know :D

17. freiwald

freiwald MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2015

if it would be dead it wouldn't be still at 50% market usage. what are you talking about everything is running fine on windows 7 what kind of software maker sdo you mean? microsoft? yeah...

and about that ferrari thing you said:
    get a fresh windows 10 pro edition and it's everything but not a ferrari. it's more like an old schoolbus attached to another old schoolbus.
    first you have to delete all this s**t apps which are usless, just like the store. then cortana, one drive and its still not enough... you also have to disable the telemetry stuff and also the automatic updates. HELL after that you can call it a ferrari but not before fixing anything.
    it's running great and without problems, after doing all this work. without doing anything it's not useable at all

18. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#20 AcuraTML, Aug 19, 2015
    (OP)
    Its called a heat score and right off the bat, someone will be very interested

but again, I am just a tiny little silly baby sheep :weep: kind of person as you stated

just a cent of advice, the internet is not your friend in these times if used "negatively"