G62 bios flash

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by xetani, Aug 15, 2011.

1. xetani

xetani MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2011
    I have a G62-a50SM and i wanted to change some thermal options in the bios like spinning the fan on lower temperatures, as well as editing the acpi version since I use linux.

I first tried extracting the bios from sp49367.exe. (its an insyde bios ; would post link but it wont let me, sorry)

Well it worked however ezh2o2 cant open the file (01439.fd) which is 4.4MB in size. Gives an error that that is not a H2O bios.
    I also tried to edit that _FV but I couldn't find it with the hex editor.

After that i downloaded Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0. Managed to pull the bios out (the same one that i downloaded). It was 2MB in size which is a bit strange since the .fd is 4.4MB and was in .rom format. I checked with lshw on linux, the bios chip is 2MB. After that I ran ezh2o2 and opened the .rom and it worked, i changed the boot logo, and the settings I wanted.

Now I'm basically stuck on the fact that I cant flash that bios back. I've tried replacing the extracted bios and running it but it would not recognise it.
    I also tried to flash it with Flas**t 1.3 and it gives back an error that it doesn't recognise the bios. (actually I tried "flas**t a.rom /G" first, but it gives the same message every time).

Any ideas?

2. xetani

xetani MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2011
    Nevermind, I was wrong, ezh2o2 only manages to edit the logo but not the settings so its useless, I was running it under wine on linux, running it on windows revealed that it actually crashes when patching settings. I guess its too old.