Games Lags Badly Until I Restart My Computer

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by PaulTroll1282, Nov 17, 2021.

1. PaulTroll1282

PaulTroll1282 MDL Junior Member

Oct 6, 2017
    So I've had this issue for about two months now and it's driving me nuts. Basically, after a fresh boot, the games run perfectly as you would expect, but then if you exit the game and launch it again, the fps becomes crap. An example would be when I play war thunder, after a fresh boot, it runs great minimum of 54-60fps stable. but then when I exit the game and relaunch again the fps becomes like 11-15 fps. The same thing happens with my other games. It also happens when after I use google chrome when I launch any game it runs crap and requires me to restart the whole PC. This doesn't used to happen before. Before I could use chrome all day and launch a game and play and exit and launch again and it would be fine, but now this issue happened. The only fix I have for this issue right now is just to restart the PC any time want to play any game especially first-person shooters where the more fps you have the better. So I'm hoping that someone here is familiar with this issue and can maybe suggest to me potential solutions to this problem. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

My PC specs if it helps:
    CPU: i5 4570
    GPU: GTX 560ti
    RAM: 8GB DDR3 Ripjaws
    Motherboard: H81M-HDS
    Has HDD 2tb and SSD 120gb

2. My PC specs:
    CPU: i7 3770
    GPU: Intel HD 4000
    RAM: 8gb*2 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 XMP 1.3 [Dual Channel Activated]
    Mobo: ASUS H61M-S-USB3 [Great Mobo]
    OS Disk: WD SSD Blue 3d NAND 256GB & NO HDD
    Z: as OS Drive EFI Install Without any Recovery as All recovery Options disabled via reagentc plus removed recovery from Z: as well as System32.
    System Usage: No Gaming Just Professional work Highly Tweaked Working Great at my End.

Just Sharing my PC Specs Nothing Else :)

3. CaptainSpeleo

CaptainSpeleo MDL Addicted

May 24, 2020
    cpu.JPG gpu.JPG

PaulTroll1282:
    These are the performance ratings and power usage for the processor(CPU) and graphics card(GPU).
    You should max out the motherboard with 16 GB of RAM.
    The graphics card is power hungry, so hopefully you have a quality power supply(PSU) with sufficient wattage.
    Try to minimize the number of unnecessary running processes.

4. PaulTroll1282

PaulTroll1282 MDL Junior Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Can't max out ram as I have no money. 8GB serves me well enough and has not failed me yet.
    My power supply is a Topower (It's a brand that you probably never heard of but it's pretty good for what it is.) 500w 80PLUS Bronze which supplies enough power to the GPU.
    I'll look into minimizing some processes that I don't need.
    Thank you for your suggestions man, I appreciate it.

5. CaptainSpeleo

CaptainSpeleo MDL Addicted

May 24, 2020
    You're welcome, and good luck. :)

6. DynaMick

DynaMick MDL Novice

Nov 20, 2021
    Sounds like your memory is being filled and is not being released when needed.
    basically windows sees that you have spare empty memory, and as a matter of course pre loads it with things that it thinks you will use, this is called a standby list. Windows Is also well known for not releasing this memory when needed. leading to stuttering and low frame rates.
    Checheck out....."intelligent standby list cleaner" . Either set it up to run automatically, or just run it and purge the list before you start a game. Worked wonders for me with NFS Heat stuttering.