Gaming laptop ??

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Michel, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Let's discuss it if someone has one and wich model. :cool:

2. nicksnoobie

nicksnoobie MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2011
    Don't have one right now but want Alienware M17x

3. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I had one awhile back one of the Asus ROG ones. In general they are not worth it, battery life is atrocious and they are just not powerful enough.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    I would never buy a lappy for gaming. As R29 said, not man enough ! IMHO all you are gonna get in the end is melted sillicon. I just cant see a lappy coping with the heat produced by extreme gaming.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. half Man Half Biscuit

half Man Half Biscuit MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2011
    Personally i would never buy a LAPTOP just for gaming.
    If you want one with good specs,you´ll have to leave a good bunch of $$$,for that money i can buy better things.
    I personally don´t get why you have to buy a laptop for gaming and spend so much money :confused::wassat:

6. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Exactly. You could build a desktop gaming rig, a good one and still have some $$$ left over.

7. half Man Half Biscuit

half Man Half Biscuit MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2011
    Here in Europe,maybe your here too,if you want a good gaming LAPTOP,you have to give some serious $$$´s,for those &&&´s you can buy 2 really good PC´s and have money left to buy a awesome mobile phone too:p,maybe a ice-cream too but not sure about that HAHA ;)

No seriously it´s toooo expensive and i can´t see why someone would buy LAPTOP´s for playing games.
    Like you said give the money for a Desktop Pc and start playing like a freak.

Enough said thread is closed officially by me *ALEXTHEG say something too*

8. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    The point is not really the cost but the flexibility ,when you have your laptop it is basically stuck there if they do offer you options to upgrade something they will rob you blind doing it and at the end of the day the mobile gpu will always be a cut down version.

9. Tecnical.K

Tecnical.K MDL Novice

Mar 13, 2012
    alienware or origin laptop

10. blueice23

blueice23 MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2011
    #11 blueice23, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
    MSI GT683 or GT783(GT783R),don't own it.But If I got it as a gift,I would get a hardon while opening it:D