Gaming Laptops

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bdearen, Feb 8, 2010.

1. bdearen

bdearen MDL Junior Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Hey guys I am in the market for a new laptop. I say I want a gaming laptop because I want one with a i3 core or i5 and a dedicated video card at least 4gb ram. Anyone know any solid laptops around 700 or so with this? I found a few on gateway.com but you can't buy them there and there are no retailers around me. Thanks

2. Michelle68

Michelle68 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2009
    If you are truly interested in gaming on a laptop then nothing less than what is in a notebook like an Asus G51Vx($1000~$1100) with older generation CPU and DDR2 memory should be considered.The GeForce GTX260M is ample but an ATI 5870 Mobility smokes it.

With the small sceens in laptops a 1680x???? or 1920x???? resolution should be a must.

The more memory installed the better the performance with DDR3 1333 being the best right now for notebooks.Most that are advertized with DDR3 use 1066.

Memory performance on i3 and i5 notebooks is not very good.An i7 is the best choice but commands a higher price.

Sadly nVidia has good drivers but ancient architecture.

Serious gaming on battery power is usually less than an hour.On a 6 cell battery it's a joke.

You might want to look at the new Dell 11x even with it's small sceen.It may be close to your price range