Gateway BIOS Mod 7 Home Prem upgrade to Dig Riv Pro?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BigBadWolf1, Aug 5, 2014.

1. BigBadWolf1

BigBadWolf1 MDL Novice

Jun 12, 2014
    You folks made me a working Gateway BIOS which I initially instaled with a broken laptop's keys and all was fine.

Reading and your help got my desktop and a Dell D630 running 7 Pro great...

For life of me, can't get the Anytime Upgrade or Setup from slow-burned, SHA checked DVD w/ ei.cfg removal, "Phone In" or any other info to activate this Gateway already BIOS moded running 7 Home Prem to 7 Pro... typing on it now in Home Prem just fine... it's likely "Operator Error", but I'm stumped and asking for some direction to move in to accomplish my goals w/o Daz type pgms.

All my info has come from here and been most successful so far till this!

Can't get but the 3 day trial to work.

Who w/ a magic wand, spell or incantation can steer me how to upgrade from OEM 7 Home Prem with junked unit's keys 7 Home Prem to Dig. Riv 7 Pro?

Tried setup.exe, Anytime Upgrade and Custom upgrade--all with no activation pgm. Don't seem to get steered to Phone Act and other 2 units activated with BIOD MOD method online to start with easily first try.

Read forums, used SEARCH fuction and researched for 2 weeks now. Want in place upgrade to save installing programs individually.

Wizards... point me in right direction, please!

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You do not upgrade from setup from dvd you need to go to anytime upgrade online and when requested type in a windows 7 professional or even Ultimate oem:slp key from Windows-7-OEM-SLP-Key-Collection then you will update over the net but you may need to reboot.