gateway bios mod ??

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kexaxu, Nov 9, 2009.

1. kexaxu

kexaxu MDL Novice

May 10, 2007
    Any ways to mod and flash bios of GATEWAY old and new comp ?? please tell me !

2. MrFerretKing

MrFerretKing MDL Member

Aug 25, 2009
    People on here have flashed their Gateways before.

You need to search for your particular model number or at least post in this thread so there is no unnecessary guessing.

3. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    What is your model of Gateway:confused::confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    You need to know the manufacturer of the bios. It depends on if it's Award, AMI, Phoenix, Dell's own Phoenix, HPQ'S own Phoenix, Insyde or another EFI....;)
    A link to it would be helpful!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. kexaxu

kexaxu MDL Novice

May 10, 2007
    Gateway

It is GATEWAY GT5448E , it had Vista premium and I 'd to upgrade it to win7 Ult but can not mod the bios , If you have some ways to mod tell me !! thanks

6. kexaxu

kexaxu MDL Novice

May 10, 2007
    #6 kexaxu, Nov 10, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
    (OP)
    Thanks to everyOne to post very helpfull in MOD you own BIOS , I did use the tools to mod my own bios and they are all success , all of them Activated , thanks again !! But on this GATEWAY I'm stuck can not mod it , It has .BIO file and when I changed it to .Rom but the Amitool shown " incorect bios size " ! that I need you help and teach me to do it !!