Gateway computer not activating

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jcrizzy, Aug 26, 2009.

1. jcrizzy

jcrizzy MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    Hi all,

I'm sure you guys have seen these posts too much but I haven't been able to find or understand any of these BIOS slics or whatever. Here is the problem

I have a gateway MT6840, and just been clean installing windows 7 ultimate and can't get it to activate. I've also tried just about every loader out there and they all give me the same problem. I install the OS fine, try one of the various loaders, and when I reboot, windows won't start up at all and it goes to my Gateway factory recover thing. I've literally installed this OS at least 10 times now.

I don't think any of these loaders will work for me and think that I have to mod my bios or whatever. It seems from what I've been reading around that I need to make my BIOs a Dell bios for this to work? Can someone please give me like a step by step on how to do this and then ultimately activate it?? My roomates all have gateways too and are having the same problme. Thanks a lot!

2. gastro

gastro MDL Member

Jul 22, 2009
    I had to google because I didn't believe gateway still made computers.

All your room mates use them too?

3. jcrizzy

jcrizzy MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    lol we bought them little elss than two years ago. Our buddy at best buy more or less got em 50% off for us so we got decent laptops for <300 bucks so can't really complain, except the s**t wont activate. :(

But ya they still make computers!

4. gastro

gastro MDL Member

Jul 22, 2009
    #4 gastro, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
    Sorry, I suffer from tl;dr syndrome.

Have you tried Daz's program based loader?

5. bertmace

bertmace MDL Member

Jul 14, 2009
    #5 bertmace, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  6. jcrizzy

jcrizzy MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    Bert, so if I'm understanding this correctly, you gotta replace your Bios with Dell slic 2.1 so it fools Windows into thinking you have a Dell computer?

How do i go about applying that dell slic 2.1

7. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    Basicly all you have to do is reflash your BIOS. It's pretty easy as long as you can follow directions on a .txt file lol.