Gateway FX6800-01e Vista HP 64bit install

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by furryurry, Jun 26, 2012.

1. furryurry

furryurry MDL Novice

Jun 26, 2012
    Hi everybody.
    Here is my story. I just got a used Gateway FX6800-01e PC which has no hard drive. There is a sticker on it though with the serial number for Vista Home Premium SP1 64bit. I had an ISO of that OS which I had burned onto a DVD and tried to install it with no luck (says serial is no good or something like that). I then read How to make your own OEM Vista DVD thread. I got a MD5_SHA-1 Utility and checked if the ISO is good, and looks like it is good. What am i doing wrong? The ISO is good and a serial is genuine.
    Any help is much appreciated.
    TIA

P.S. I have also a BIOS problem with this Gateway. It is working fine BUT: I bought the computer with the intention of overclocking it and it seems that there is no way to do so with the current BIOS. I've seen the BIOS Mods thread so I will ask this there too: is there any way to put another version of BIOS so that I could overclock the PC? And what should I do first, fix the OS or BIOS problem? I also have some additional info to provide as the motherboard serial and part numbers, BIOS and so on.

2. furryurry

furryurry MDL Novice

Jun 26, 2012
    Thank you very much for your reply. From the thread you gave I found:

eMachines-Gateway[GATEWA-SYSTEM-LTP]2.0.bin = D50529B0 | 2.0 CERT
    gateway.xrm-ms 81487fe8 and a GATEWAY zip file 1.6KB.

I guess I could use that but I don't really know what to do with that :).
    Could I modify the ISO I have into a OEM DVD like the How to make your own OEM Vista DVD thread suggests, put two things into the sources folder :
    PID.TXT with my serial in it? and $OEM$\$$\SYSTEM32\OEM folder with OEM XRM-MS file that matches your SLIC in Bios. This is where I get stuck since
    slic, xrm-ms is the stuff I hear first time. Can you help me from here? As for the BIOS if it is possible to replace the one I have right now I will
    try and do that and maybe I will be able to overclock.