Gateway GT4016 Bios-cant find original to mod anywhere

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by megawatt, Oct 11, 2009.

1. megawatt

megawatt MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2008
    What a pain. They do not even list the Bios on the gateway site. Everest shows it as 2/23/06 Phoenix-Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG. version NAB24GW. Any one have any idea how to find this Bios, to be used to put Slic 2.1 on? Thanks

2. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    use the bios dump tool that on the site

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. megawatt

megawatt MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2008
    i tried that as well. it said could not locate slic table. and had one line on the Bios, saying emachines. does that tool also back up the bios?

4. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    the best thing to do is find who makes the board and see if you can load the manufacturers BIOS on to the board and go from there. If the system is still under warranty try it because they won't know how you bricked your board if you do they will just replace it (believe me I did it, and told them 'I don't know what happened I don't know much about computers, there was a power surge and now it doesn't work :p ')

For instance I had a gateway with a ecs motherboard, but I found out it was actually a rebranded board. So I found a similar board to the one I had (AM2, Geforce 6100, and nforce 430 or something), flashed the BIOS to that one and boom no more OEM restricted BIOS.

5. megawatt

megawatt MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2008
    thanks, i will try that. i also see a cool tool to back up bios. i will try that too.

6. megawatt

megawatt MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2008
    ok, says it is a FIC KTBC51G PCB1.x -- FIC seems to only have utilities on their site, but not bios. will keep looking.

7. megawatt

megawatt MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2008
    ok, so i made a backup of the bios, and then put in a SLIC 2.1 into the bios with the 0+2 method. After all that, I find out Gateway has no generic bios flash program, since they do not even give a bios. Anyone know what to use to safely flash it?

8. megawatt

megawatt MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2008
    Sorry to be a pain on this. Anyone know if it is ok to use the Phoenix phlash to put this bios on, or is the risk too high?

9. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    :D
    yes use it it made for it

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. megawatt

megawatt MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2008
    Now that i look at it, do I use a Phoenix or Award flash program?

11. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    I would say awdflash.exe.... but not entirely sure (used to have a Phoenix-Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG motherboard, mine used awdflash.exe)

12. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    use award flasher

13. megawatt

megawatt MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2008
    Thanks everyone. User took PC away - so wont be able to test for a few months now. XP til then.