Gateway M 1615

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by burnshroom, Oct 1, 2007.

1. burnshroom

burnshroom MDL Novice

Sep 29, 2007
    I just bought a new laptop, a Gateway M-1615.

The system came with Windows Vista Home Premium and of course all the bloatware that comes with it. I am wanting to do a clean install of Vista Ultimate and wondered "how would I go about this?".

I see the a link for a modded Gateway Bios but I have no idea if it is compatible with this laptop and don't want to chance bricking it since it is new.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Looking at the Bios on my system it says bios version is 90.02 (KBC Version: 75.16) and shows up as Phoenix Bios (setup utility). Not sure if this info is critical.

Again any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    So your laptop came with Windows Vista Home Premium preinstalled?

In that case you can try to do a clean install of Ultimate with any retail or system builder DVD and do not enter a key.

Try to activate against SLIC using Gateway cert. and Ultimate royalty key. If it doesn't work, you have got a restricted Gateway SLIC and you need to request for a mod to get a "full" SLIC.

Yen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. burnshroom

burnshroom MDL Novice

Sep 29, 2007
    #3 burnshroom, Oct 3, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
    (OP)
    Found two gateway certs in a zip file you posted on another post, and apparently didn't work or I may not know what I am fully doing.

If I were needing to request a modded bios what information would I need?

I don't seem to find a bios for my system on Gateways website and when I look in the bios on my system (as posted before) it shows a Phoenix Bios version 90.02 KBC Version 75.16 (not sure what this is). I did verify however in Everest that it is indeed a SLIC bios.

If you are able to, what is the correct procedure with trying these certs I have found and if I were needing to request a modded bios what info would I need to post?

Thanks again in advance.