Gdism / gimagex / waik

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Bornung1, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Bornung1

Bornung1 MDL Member

Oct 9, 2010
    #1 Bornung1, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
    Hep hey ;)

I am trying hard to try edit windows7 wim files, (remove applications such as mediacenter/explorer/dvdmaker and so on......
    Is that even possible?
    Can i integrate google chrome into the wim file instead of explorer?
    Can i integrate java into the wim file?
    Thanks
    Bornung1 DK :D
    Merry chrismas to all here at digitallife ;)

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    You can use DISM to integrate alot and add/remove features dism /image:mountfolder /get-features and you'll see..
    About chrome, hm all applications, sure you can sysprep it and use anarethos tool and create a recovery partition..

You should read some more about setupcomplete.cmd appintegration and other stuff, both here and at msfn.org

3. Bornung1

Bornung1 MDL Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Cheers tcntad :)

I will try to see what i can do with dism, hopefully get everything to work :)
    I have been reading so much that my eyes bleed, but i am not giving up :)
    Do you have link to where i can read about setupcomplete.cmd and appintegration? ( only if you have time ) :)

4. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Not really, but check msfn.orgs board for unattended installs, they have some stuff.
    Also read more about sysprepping:)

5. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    I think for most programs (especially non-microsoft), it's the easiest to let the installer run after install with an unatended file (by this you can easily opdate the iso by just replacing the installer exe with a new version). You could also install it, see what files were written/changed, and what reg values are added, and manually a those to install.wim.

Personally I'm not a fan of sysprep, as I believe the image is never going to be as clean as without any install, running sysprep or not.

And as tcntad said, the real experts are at msfn.org.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...