Generic Windows 11 question

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by okaussie3, Sep 28, 2022.

1. okaussie3

okaussie3 MDL Member

May 23, 2017
    Somehow my autofill got turned off and now my passwords and usernames aren't there.
    I think I got it all turned back on and am now creating the usernames and passwords but I would like to know what the name of the file that has all the passwords and usernames so I can import them back into EDGE..

I can't seem to find any info on the web about the name, only that is a CSV file. I did a search on my pc and don't find anything like that.

So, long story short, do I have to put everything back in, one website at a time or not????

TIA

Bill

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    If you had synchronization enabled, then all your usernames, passwords, sites, settings, etc. are saved in your Microsoft account and they will not be accidentally deleted from there. You must confirm if You want delete.
    They are not saved as a .csv file on the computer, unless you have done it yourself, i.e. saved them manually as a .csv file.
    The browser itself stores them in a folder located
    C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default
    or if you use a different profile, then the folder of that profile
    file called Login Data and they are encrypted with your login data.
    If you didn't have the data synchronized and you didn't create a .csv file and the User Data folder was deleted or damaged, you have to manually restore everything again.
    PS If you used a local account, you won't have anything synced.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    If you did not export them to that csv file, it does not exist.
    Best bet is to login in edge with the ms-account that you used before, hopefully it was synced online.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. okaussie3

okaussie3 MDL Member

May 23, 2017
    It says it was synced. I went to a couple of websites that I hadn't got to yet to put it in manually and it seems to work.

don't know what happened. Will continue to monitor..

Thanks guys...

5. okaussie3

okaussie3 MDL Member

May 23, 2017
    I just switched to another build of Windows 11 25206 and it did the same thing here. I had to put in the user name and password..