Genuine Windows 8 v Non Genuine

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by craig62, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craig62

craig62 MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2012
    #1 craig62, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
    The Answers-Suggestions to the Topics' regarding Windows on MDL, have been very helpful for me
    in regard to getting the most out of my Windows experience, esp Productivity over the pasted
    5 years.
    But within that time, a properly Licenced Windows IMO, has been vastly more stable than a cracked one.
    How stable, will depend on User input behaviour online or offline over time, and Windows-Driver Updates.

However, as Human Nature would have it, we are a curious lot. And for whatever reason, myself included
    enjoy finding different ways to, (for want of a better Description) tinker with our Pcs' regardless of OS etc.

IMO, after Oct 26th, those that Activiate a copy of Win 8 RTM
    illegally, may simply be subjecting Themself to a, not so nice Windows Experience very Quickly.
    Especially with Microsoft tightning up it's, Activation Technologies.

With regard to "Windows 8 Pricing" Ask yourself this, how much have you spent on
    Upgrading your Hardware, and will continue to?

I want a Stable Windows (8) experience, so buying Genuine especially @ these lowered Prices is a bonus.
    And a no Brainer...Something that requires little mental effort or intelligence to perform or understand.

Whats Your Own Experience~Opinion?:coffee:

I believe I'm asking a valid Question? But sure, I'll respect all Answers n.p

2. jassi

jassi MDL Junior Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Kindly put your advertisement somewhere else as I (we) have been using Xp and windows 7 with activating tools available without any problems. And Now waiting to activate windows 8 :p

3. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    #3 sevenacids, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
    Stop that "no-brainer" BS... it already sounds too much of Paul Thurrott. :D

Gonna stay with hacked Windows 7 on non-touch enabled hardware, maybe use a Windows 8-powered mobile device but I don't need an upgrade or hack for that because it will be very likely shipped with it.

4. aoham

aoham MDL Novice

Apr 12, 2008
    He's working for Microsoft.

5. letmein

letmein MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2009
    im going to buy it... but i want windows 8 right now, im like a kid on christmas with this kind of stuff, i just cant wait.

6. TheMarine

TheMarine MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    Ditto, I will purchase when available, but have tried every flavor of W8 since they released the first trial. I own 4 W7, licenses, plus XP, Vista, so the $39.95 is an easy pie to swallow...

Cheers,

Ray, USMC Retired;)

7. hybridseries

hybridseries MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2012
    I would've probably stuck with the Release Client except I was curious about the GUI changes, etc. between the RC and RTM; put the RTM on my laptop and left Windows 7 on my desktop. When Windows 8 is released I'll get rid of that partition and upgrade the Windows 7 installations that I've got on both my laptop and desktop. In general I find that it's easier to have a genuine version of Windows since I can reinstall, etc. as needed with my product key and can update without having to avoid certain updates or get hotfixes from third-party sources.

8. spreekeith

spreekeith MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2012
    Working with Microsoft? He has the grammar skills of a 3 year old.

9. hybridseries

hybridseries MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2012
    Doesn't matter. Anyone who has anything positive to say about a product/service/company that someone else dislikes is obviously a company plant. It's one of the Rules of the Internet. ;)

10. craig62

craig62 MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2012
    #10 craig62, Aug 19, 2012
    (OP)
    I admit it does read like an Advert. But if I was a MS plant, would I be so obvious?
    So yep the Grammar surely makes me look like one.
    But on topic and my own experience, I have 2 machines running Win7 x64
    One is licenced, and the other isn't. On the latter, I have used da bootloader~MS Toolkit. But after 3-4 months max, I've had to
    re-install due to instability. My licenced OEM Win7, over 18 months has remained stable as!! I dont have either Pc loaded
    with too much crap, coz their both running FSX.
    With Windows 8 I wanted it yesterday too!! But I dont want to have to spend 2 days reloading FSX+Addons on it, coz M$
    have injected some code/Update making it either non-genuine, or unstable.

If you have a stable pirated copy good for you!! But after reading over different forums on Windows 8 activiation technology
    good luck to you<

11. Jessica Alba

Jessica Alba MDL Expert

Jul 26, 2009
    @ craig62 go fly a kite.:rofl:

12. craig62

craig62 MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2012
    #12 craig62, Aug 19, 2012
    (OP)
    Advertisement? I call it freedom of speech, and I wanted to know Others' Opinions. Regardless off whether I (we) run Genuine or Not.

13. craig62

craig62 MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2012
    :plane: right, nice call

14. craig62

craig62 MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2012
    Exactly, :cheers: Ray

15. dailyinsanity

dailyinsanity MDL Junior Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Windows XP doesnt need to be cracked due to Volume License Media, Windows 7 works perfectly with Daz's "Windows Loader". So quit be a snitch for microsoft.

16. craig62

craig62 MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2012
    #16 craig62, Aug 20, 2012
    (OP)
    Noted!! But I'm not a MS Snitch, or perhaps I'm having a "Total Recall" experience, just speaking!

My Objective wasn't to enflame We! It was to simply know (or have feed back) that I, wasn't in Total Recall.(lol no) BTW thanks for your Post

17. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #17 Daz, Aug 20, 2012
    I'm not sure what you used to activate, but I can tell you that being online or offline and applying driver updates will have absolutely no effect towards systems activated via a BIOS mod or the loader (my version). If you experienced any kind of stability issues it will be purely driver related.

Personally I have never once lost activation on any of my systems since 2009. I've never crashed or experienced any kind of unusual behaviour either.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  18. craig62

craig62 MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2012
    #18 craig62, Aug 20, 2012
    (OP)
    In earlier days I had lost activiation numerous times..

But as the Loader matured never! But as the last 2 yrs..hence 1 yr and allowing All Updates thru, the OS 7 over time, just degraded to a point
    that it was unusable, in my opinion. Sure drivers off MS are a no no .. I always used best practice under >da Guide<. Suffice to say thanks to those, when I couldn't go genuine. Bear in mind, FSX w/o CTD
    maybe a culprit. (I used All Boot Loaders), and M$ Toolkit only. Suffice to say, for a time it was Stable np... then it wasn't. Hence my Thread

19. Sugadevan

Sugadevan MDL Junior Member

Feb 20, 2011
    :confused:

20. iet8

iet8 MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    He's working for Microsoft.