genuine555 says: SevenForums for seven-year olds

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by genuine555, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Gonna tell u guys a little story, which holds a lesson in morale at the end :D

Was a member at forum above. Now, some kid named SergioGarcia, apparently some hotshot there, thinks he's it. Asks me how to modify certain areas in shell32.dll concerning details pane. So I gave him the instructions how to do it, and an allready modified shell32.dll file to make it (lol) easy for him. He's supposed to be a guru there, but somehow completely messes his stuff up, and has to re-install his s**t.

He gets mad at me and posts some angry words. So I explain him that cause he didn't back up and is stupid enough to mess up his system, It's his own damn fault.

I help him get his stuff back together, give him some more instructions, and he finally gets it working and thanks me.

Two days later he makes a thread, claiming he's found the solution for the problem I had solved for him.
    I had put a lot of work in comming up with that little solution, so you can imagine I was not happy at all.

So I report him for claiming my work, and guess what.
    They ban me for it :rolleyes:

That board must be runned by a couple of seven year olds, and that socalled guru guy wouldn't know the difference between a mouse and his dick if it was staring him in the face. Such incompetence u cannot believe !

So the moral is :

1. Unless you're a child and want to hang out with other infants, best not
    tread there. If u want to be treated with some respect in a community,
    stay were you are here at MDL :cool:

2. If u think you've been treated unfair by a mod here on MDL, think again,
    cause your work and efforts will be respected and rewarded here by
    them, and other mods on other boards may not be that eager to follow
    their own principles. Respect is not a two-way-street on that f**ked up
    forum.

3. Don't give away your work there, EVERRR. Cause you'll be pissed on.

4. If u want respect when you give it, when u want to be part of a
    community of adults, intelligence and respect, then this is the place
    you'll want to be.

5. They should change that name to seven-year-olds-forum dot com :D
    cause it is a complete joke.

Hope this doesn't offend ppl, but if it does, relax, you're not alone at being a little offended :D

2. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Interesting story.

Don't want a forum war or similar though :rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    That certainly is the strangest way to show one's gratitude. Just be glad you are no longer allied with a forum like that 555. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    I agree. That's no way to run a community imho.
    Been wandering around that forum a while to see if new mod or tricks would emerge, as I like to play around with windows shell and registry.
    Began to help ppl there too. That happens automaticly, so put a lot of work in certain findings I made, but didn't realise I'd be double-crossed like that.

But after all no big deal. They made me see I do NOT want to belong there.
    Glad to be part of something way better here :)

5. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    No worry's Ancestor, that's the last thing I would want too.
    MDL is a too good thing to waste like that.

They just need to stay away from me :p

6. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Some people are big assholes on the net. In real life they are nothing and on the internet they are the ''cool guys''.

7. sergiogarcia9

sergiogarcia9 MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2009
    #7 sergiogarcia9, Nov 14, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
    What a pile of BS. I messed up my system using your modified shell32.dll, yes, and that made me a bit angry. I got your pm about how to do it and i tried to do it, but it didnt work. Then a few days after i made a thread to know if there was another way to do it (simpler instructions) and a few other guys asked as well. I posted the solution you gave me on there, followed by a post where it said i couldnt figure it out. I did not EVER say that i had created those instructions.

Oh and the reason you were banned is also BS. You got banned for making a hater thread on SF against me, the forum staff and the general forum.

and you did get credit, Brink (one of the admin) edited my post so it said that you were the original author.

8. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    I close here now. We've heard both sides which is sufficient. I don't want two forums 'discussing against each other' :rolleyes:
    And I edited the thread title...

And please don't open up another thread.