Get 100GB of Free Cloud Storage from Shared.com

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by pisthai, Aug 11, 2013.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    2GB file size limit when I signed up

Cheers :)

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Even better, I got that too. As I signed up I used a 3. party way, not directly and the infos were a bit different (maybe old?!)!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Maybe different limits for different locations ?

5. theodorep63

theodorep63 MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2009
    Good morning
    Just signed and at Data Usage menu (upper right) says I use 0 of my 100GB...
    I don't have further explanation... I live in Greece...

Theodore

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Didn't you know what a Cloud Storage is all about? As long as you didn't upload files, your usage will be 0MB!

The limits for Storage are:
    • 100GB content (Files, Photos, Video, Music short: Computer Data etc.)
    • max size of a single file: 2GB (2000MB), if bigger you have to split
    • No limits in number of files

7. sanjose

sanjose MDL Member

Jan 23, 2012
    I signed up for shared.com and then try to upload one file ... but it's not uploading ..... something wrong with me ? any guide to upload would be appreciated thanks

8. kennyboy

kennyboy MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    #8 kennyboy, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    ive just singed up for this it as backed up some files but when i try others it sends me to a pay extra page site have i done something wrong thanks.

its ok sorted it out now free 100gb thanks.

9. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    I can't get IE to upload. Google Chrome and Firefox work fine.

10. kennyboy

kennyboy MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    yes thats what i used Google Chrome works fine thanks.

11. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    pisthal - Thanks for this great find. By the way, do you (or anyone else) know how long files remain with the free account? The reason I ask is because one of the features of getting a Pro (paid) account is "Forever Storage". The obvious implication is that you don't get "Forever Storage" with a free account. There are others asking this same question in the Shared.com community. So far there is no official response from anyone at Shared.com. (in any event, the responsible thing would be for them to email you before deleting any files. Again, with no official response, one can only guess).

12. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Generally there is a length of time that they specify for how long it has been since a file was accessed / downloaded, if it has not been touched for X number of weeks / months, it will be removed

Check their T&Cs, it might be in the small print

13. Dark Knight

Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

Jul 14, 2013
    From Shared.com Terms and Conditions:

"Termination of Services

You agree that shared.com, has the right to delete or suspend your account, block your IP address, or otherwise terminate your access to or use of the Service (or any part thereof), immediately and without notice, and remove and discard any "Content" within the Service, for any reason, without limitation. In addition, you agree that shared.com Hosting Service shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any early termination of your access to the Service.
    Files uploaded to free accounts may be removed if the account is inactive for 90 consecutive days."

Got my free 100GB account and everything works fine.

My advice is that if your going to store anything on it that will get you terminated is to encrypt it.

14. applegate

applegate MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    #14 applegate, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    shared.com is down....

No problem have my own cloud at home with webdav. It's beyond 1 TB.... :worthy:

15. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    Thank you. I'll try to remember reading the "Terms and Conditions" first.

16. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    It's up and running well!

Just open once before reaching 90 days of not using and you're fine with the free account.

Also as reminder to everyone and not for free Apps/Services etc. only, just for everything which has an digital License, is software or so, READ THE TERMS AN CONDITIONS! The so called "Fine Print" may saves you time, effort, trouble and money!:D

17. up2late

up2late MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2013
    looks good........thanks