Get ready for "interactive window station" problems.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by fencepost, Nov 7, 2009.

1. fencepost

fencepost MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2009
    I have been fighting installing driver for capture card all day. Every time it tries to install, it comes up with"This operation requires an interactive window station" And that is where the only choice is to close it. I have been googling for 5 hours and there is not a fix that I have found that works. This is 32 bit Windows 7.
    Fencepost

2. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009
    #2 gentoo, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
    Have you tried disabling your anti virus and firewall before installing? Do you have UAC enabled? If so turn it off and see if it will install. What capture card is it?
    Also what driver version are you trying to install?

3. fencepost

fencepost MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2009
    ANtivirus turned off, UAC first thing I disable and firewall turned off. It is Pro149 with Conexant BT878 chip on 4 port. Use it for CCTV cameras. Works great in Vista 32 but has been pure misery for 2 days to get it to work. Even reinstalled Vista on another drive to make sure I got the correct .inf. Before that 7 would not even try to install the Conexant driver. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.
    Thanks,
    fencepost

4. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009
  5. drably

drably MDL Member

Feb 4, 2008
    dude, just buy a new card.
    f*ck the dumb sh*t.

6. fencepost

fencepost MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2009
    Problem

Has anyone ran into this interactive station when trying to install drivers? One fix on Google was to reinstall 7 with the card in. Did that, no change.
    Thanks,
    fencepost