Getting Back 2 The Basics -- Fresh Install Questions

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by crazyodaz, Jul 29, 2016.

1. crazyodaz

crazyodaz MDL Novice

Feb 7, 2016
    been long time guest viewer on here, and though many of ya don't really know me, some of ya mighta stumbled on one of my old Windows98 projects.

anyways... that was ages ago, my question(s) is this ---

Windows 10 -- yuk --- really hated my Nvidia drivers updating by themselves last fall, even when updates where off, maybe thats what I get for always leaving my computer on -- been playing around abit though, simple ISO project turned into dang nightmare because of my Toshiba laptop, dang fake UEFI -- really wanted them 4k sectors and GPT for the updated SSD -- needless to say, took me months to figure out there was no magical BOOTx64.EFI file that could save me, I just gotta compile this stuff, get it ready, script install some tweaks and mods, then convert it from MBR to GPT -- sounds like a hassle, but there is a bit of a plan / project in the works, something that would make my life easier working on other computers. -- almost like my old Windows99 w/Surge-Pak did

for those of ya that downgraded, what are some of the best tools ya use? -- so much garbage about the old privacy and Windows 10 -- been installing some of the basics, spybot anti-beacon, some registry tweaks and host files mods,

just curious what some of ya use, see if I can become even more enlightened on the choices we have to keep some of that telemetry down to a minimum

other than drivers, what is the first thing, the first anti-telemetry tool / privacy trick you would suggest to install after a clean install

thanx again

2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    Before you get laminated by the borg, Ill just say I use a vanilla install and a locked down LTSB. I still own my house and car, MS hasn't taken me to jail, Homeland hasn't decided my pirating acts are any kind of concern and my forehead has no tinfoil burns on it :D

3. crazyodaz

crazyodaz MDL Novice

Feb 7, 2016
    #3 crazyodaz, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    for me? -- NA, I'm pretty happy with Linux now, I was a solid Windows user since Win3.1, refused to learn Linux, then I did that free upgrade, disabled the updates and it updated on me anyways, then i figured i could speed things up by doing a clean install instead of that pesky upgrade, even with my i7 2600k and Asus P8P67 Pro, Windows had other plans, originally it did run good, it did run a tad faster and it should, being based off of Virtual Machine's code, I was even noticing my mouse, move it all the way to the right and fast, it would disapear off the screen, something that it never did with windows 7 or 8

not having control of my own updates, or hardware drivers, mouse disapearing off the screen like Windows 10 itself is using some VM to cache it's speed, lets just say the black helecopters wont leave me alone, I cant count the times I've Formated since last January, though mainly for troubleshooting my Toshiba laptop that pretends to UEFI for windows 10 and 10 only -- 7 in GPT been a real bugger, but I'm about there --

again, this bit of a project is for working on other computers, fixing up old thrift store ones and the what-not, think at my age, I will stick with Linux and for the stubborn drivers, Ill put Win7 into VMWARE or something
    I just don't want to go through what i been going through this year, -- Linux is a bit of learning curve, and ya can throw in a few extra formats / clean installs into that --- when I do finalize a 7 version, i will carry what i can to 8, then also to Win 10 LTNS --- I've been basically sticking to small scripts to disable small stuff like this one i snagged from a LTSB

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    NOT VERIFIED FOR 7 OR 8 -- BORROWED FROM WZT LTSB
    ;Óñêîðåíèå ôàéëîâîé ñèñòåìû 
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem]
    "DisableDeleteNotification"=dword:00000000
    "SymlinkLocalToLocalEvaluation"=dword:00000001
    "SymlinkLocalToRemoteEvaluation"=dword:00000001
    "SymlinkRemoteToLocalEvaluation"=dword:00000000
    "SymlinkRemoteToRemoteEvaluation"=dword:00000000
    "Win31FileSystem"=dword:00000000
    "Win95TruncatedExtensions"=dword:00000001
    "NtfsAllowExtendedCharacter8dot3Rename"=dword:00000000
    "NtfsBugcheckOnCorrupt"=dword:00000000
    "NtfsDisableLastAccessUpdate"=dword:00000001
    "NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation"=dword:00000001
    "NtfsDisableCompression"=dword:00000000
    "NtfsDisableEncryption"=dword:00000001
    "NtfsDisableVolsnapHints"=dword:00000002
    "NtfsEncryptPagingFile"=dword:00000000
    "NtfsMemoryUsage"=dword:00000002
    "NtfsMftZoneReservation"=dword:00000003
    "NtfsQuotaNotifyRate"=dword:00000e10
    "UdfsCloseSessionOnEject"=dword:00000003
    "UdfsSoftwareDefectManagement"=dword:00000000
    "FileNameCache"=dword:000003e8
    "PathCache"=dword:00000080
    "AsyncFileCommit "=dword:00000001
    "NameCache"=dword:00001000
    "ConfigFileAllocSize"=dword:00001000
    "ReadAheadThreshold"=hex:00,01,80,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\FileSystem]
    "DisableDeleteNotification"=dword:00000000
    "ContigFileAllocSize"=dword:00001000
    "NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation"=dword:00000001
    "NtfsMemoryUsage"=dword:00000002

I gotta research some of that stuff, but every one little thing less recorded, is good , not that i am worried, but rather, hey, if ya dont record it, nor need to recorded, stop recording it so ya can go faster -- that type of thing, and though not verified for Win7 that I am using it for, it is for bit of both SSD performance and Privacy at same time -- atleast i think

then there are the batch files, I'll spare ya them, i run two of them, and spybot anti-beacon as it is low memory over-head and thats about it

I'm asking cause i got months of research, script after script, all un-sorted, lots prolly duplicated, some for 7 some for 10, just asking peoples input to sorta make a top 10-15 tools to use after clean install. I am glad you still have your house, homeland, yada, yada, for me it comes down to this

1) i will always work on Windows machines, some old that need performance tweaks to run right
    2) Windows itself, will NEVER be the sole OS on my computer ever again, I will dual boot, and I do, but mainly i run Linux as host, then Windows as guest, actually amazing how much memory linux lets me play with,

there is no way to privacy, Windows, Google, Firefox, they all jumping on this telemetry stuff cause thats how they make money, black helecopters asside, i just want a slow computer to run fast, and if i can disable telemetry, callbacks, NTFS file dates, ect, hell, I'm all for it -- maybe this Sandybridge i7 2600k will last me another 5 years -- and my poor AMD toshiba laptop, I gotta jump to the bios mods forum one of these days about that, lets just say, gotta make things run smooth, run fast, and run stable

i do like your suggestion about LTSB -- been there, researched that, and borrowed a few scripts from various builds to carry it over to Win7 -- and once organized, because i work on computers old and new, i will have better ideas what to use for each build and allign them up accordinly

Windows7 still got some life left in it, hell, my ASUS P8P67 Pro and i7 2600k could handle XP with no issues, but XP is not the answer -- installing Windows 7 -- avoiding the free upgrade, avoiding any upgrade -- install, run, leave on 24/7 -- this is the main objective --- did that once, installed windows 7, updated too fast, got the free upgrade all over again to Windows 10 -- i was so pissed -- LOL

live and learn --- Billy Boy Gates just lost my trust is all, 1/2 the stuff in the background dont even need to be running, actually think this is a pretty good idea, pretty good project, I will describe more as time goes

thanx again

4. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    I like Linux too.

5. crazyodaz

crazyodaz MDL Novice

Feb 7, 2016

I really do want to discuss this project more, and I will, really putting allot of work into it over the past few months, really it is not about Windows vs Linux -- its not even about Windows 7 vs 8 vs 10

it is about MAINTAINING CONTROL and being happy with the results of your decisions ---

really happy people like windows 10, I did too, the short time i ran it, and it was not until i formated my FREE UPDATE version and installed FRESH CLEAN --- lets just say, what little i do know about what i truelly pretend to know... well linux atleast is teaching this person some new tricks

forced updates? forced --- some people like CLOUD BASED operating systems, not me, I like total control -- and believe me, I see what allot of ya do on here and admire the crud out of allot of people on here, so much trial and error, so much patience --- like the above screenshot says --- forced updates --- then on upper right -- force this and that --

dont worry, I am working on this project , using allot of scripts and tricks from allot of people on this forum -- for that I say thanks

I am working on this project, will discuss it further in next few weeks if let us just say this

**Edit Note -- could not post Imgur link -- so added screenshot to attachment below

(song title)
    My Future So bright that I gotta wear Shades

Got Tint ?

Attached Files:

6. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Not sure how good it actually works, but O&O is a software company that been making a defragger since forever, now has something called Shut Up 10, looks very easy to use and many options

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    I think what you're ultimately going to find here, at the end of all discussions, is to use that OS you like best and want to use. There are many OSes discussed (and cussed) here, but in the end just go with what you like and are comfortable with. How else do you think it'll turn out?

8. crazyodaz

crazyodaz MDL Novice

Feb 7, 2016
    #8 crazyodaz, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    how do I think it will turn out? --- my idea is solid, kindo wondered why nothing like this is being done for the scene -- i am running very early beta's, working, compiling I am gussing before it gets stable beta will be prolly this fall

SAMPLE OF AUTORUN.INF / NFO file -- Designed for "Tinted Windows v7.1 -- Enterprise Privacy Edition x64"
    Code:
    ; Tinted Windows® Version 7.1 -- Enterprise Privacy Edition x64
    ;
    ; Brought to you by The Cr@zYodaz Foundation & |nsanity Drive Incorprated. The Same Folks that brought
    ; you Windows 99 w/SURGE-PAK 5.0 back in early 2000 comes a complete new custom Windows installation
    ; DVD that will give you total control of your computer, and software
    ;
    ; After Micro$oft's® Recent switch to run a "CLOUD-BASED" type of Operating System, only in the near future,
    ; Windows 10 users where finding themself's formating, Installing, and Disecting This new Operating System
    ; to see what makes it tick, to see what will make it go faster, run complex programs with little effort.
    ; what some of the community found back in 2015 was a "EYE-OPENER" to many folks to say the least.
    ; 
    ; Windows 10 was the first step of many near future versions that will make life for many so much easier.
    ; as With any "CLOUD-BASED" type of operating system, the "USER" (you) cease all control of your computer, and for
    ; some folks this might be fine, One Key, One click, turn the ignition and Everybody becomes happy, the 
    ; whole time majority of the average users don't even know what's running in the background.   Microsoft 
    ; themselves have been pushing this new layout for quite some time, and it all makes perfect sence, every day,
    ; every hour, Microsoft gets countless phone support calls trying to troubleshoot this hardware configuration
    ; and that one,  With a "CLOUD-BASED" operating system like Windows 10, everybody is pretty much, almost 
    ; identical, and if that means less tech-support for them and the makers like HP, Toshiba, AMD, ect are all for this.
    ;
    ; nobody wonders why Microsofts SkyDrive (online storage) got renamed to "ONEDRIVE" -- ONE this... ONE that..
    ; ONEDRIVE for ONECOMPUTER, all happening in our little world of "ONE" that we pretend to hide while living 
    ; on this planet.  and it's all for this new ONE-OPERATING-SYSTEM for "ONE WORLD" and "ONE GLOBAL ECONOMY"
    ; .... OK, maybe the black helecopters are flying a bit low with the ONE GOVERNMENT, but NEVER SAY NEVER.
    ; here with todays technology, computers are linking up like never before, makes it easier and easier to
    ; share anything from healthcare, to online banking, hold on, i gotta finish this later, just found out 
    ; via email that I won 4.3 TRILLION USD $ -- all i gotta do is verify it is me via my SS#
    ;
    ; OK, back, where was I? -- oh yea the "WONDERS" of running a "CLOUD-BASED" computer,  as you can see,
    ; it is very easy to loose sight of "SECURITY" when you, yourself, give up that right to verify your own
    ; security, and YES... to be honest, there really is no worries YET, but with everybody runing some sort
    ; of Microft System or another, it would be pretty easy for Microsoft themselves to throw in a few updates,
    ; Stripping all user's from thier choices people who where once in control of their computer soon found
    ; themselfs staring at GWX or found themselfs automatically updated to Windows 10 when their laptop is barely
    ; running Windows 8. 
    ;
    ; It just amazes me how many people including myself was tricked into that 30 day trial,  only to find out
    ; that even on day 25 it took rocket scientists and coding engineers just to revert back to Windows 7 or 8
    ; it is crazy to see how much we took for granted in our Windows EULA that we signed off on when we installed
    ; previously. things the "END USER" need NOT to worry about back in the Window 95 or XP erra's
    ;
    ; Again, for some of us, these new "MANDATED" settings that are being built into Windows Operating Systems and
    ; even built into rolling update packages work perfectly, turn on the computer and go onto facebook and be
    ; happy, but for some of us, we like to "PUSH THE ENVELOPE" so to speak, We are always working on our or other
    ; people's computers, we are the same people who run the MODDED ATI graphic drivers even if they are not signed
    ; all in the hopes of gaining 3-10FPS, We scour the net looking for tweaks and tricks to speed up boot times,
    ; to disable this and enable that, and we love it.  we relish in the knowledge that we actually made something
    ; run better than it was supposed to --- For US -- CLOUD-BASED operating Systems will never work, we will never
    ; be happy going with the rest of sheep,  we blaze our own trails.
    ;
    ; BUT I CAN TWEAK WINDOWS 10 !!! --- yes you can, I never said you could'nt -- We all modded our USB drivers or 
    ; tweaked a few Window 10 settings,  but the fact remains, though you can *SORTA* disable the automatic updates 
    ; inside of Windows 10, there will always be that risk that some ROUGE or STEALTH update is going to take your
    ; hard earned settings and toss them out the window before you could back them up. Even Certain drivers can be 
    ; removed by Microsoft and Windows Update forceably being re-installed with Microsoft's own version
    ; Installing updates when-ever they feel like it, even after you have majority of the updates disabled 
    ; you wake up the next morning to find your Nvidia graphic's card no longer works properly because of some
    ; Beta type of driver, maybe your modded ATI card drivers get swapped out for stock drivers or worse yet, 
    ; you find some of your music collection that you legally purchaced from Apple's very own I-Tunes Store
    ; was deleted or destroyed because of another update that corrupted the file structure itself on your 
    ; new external HDD? -- UPDATES should be OPTIONAL!! recent Win7 updates themselves have proven this, by actually
    ; conflicting settings, making your once fast Win7 machine run slow and over-heating FORCING YOU TO THROW UP 
    ; YOUR ARMS AND SURRENDERING TO WINDOWS 10
    ;
    ; AND THIS... LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
    ;   is the sole purpose of the entire Tinted Windows® Family, TO MAKE EVERY INSTALL... easy and efortlessly,
    ; To put on those sunglasses and smooth talk your way into the heart of the registry, to disable the updates if
    ; ya want, heck, do what the pro's do, download them seperate and install the updates your sure about OFFLINE, 
    ; AWAY from Windows Update itself. Working on a laptop with only 2gb ram? go back to the "OLD-SCHOOL" way of
    ; tweaking the settings and disabling this and that.
    ;
    ; I can go on, but you catch my drift, it's time to take control back, and time to gain some of your privacy
    ; back at the same time.  TAKE AWAY some of MICROSOFT's power over your computer, contrary to popular belief
    ; Microsoft DOES NOT know what is best for you or your computer,  
    ;
    ; True... We will loose some of the "EYE-CANDY" features, the extra gadgets, the areo themes, in exchange we
    ; will gain a faster, and more stable system. and if you still insist on installing some
    ; of those things, YOU CAN !!  ( most setting customizable on the fly, off and on, at will )**
    ;
    ; got that old video card that runs better and faster with BETA or MODDED drivers?  Once Again, You will be able 
    ; to install the device drivers you want with less system resources running in the background you should notice 
    ; a difference in better benchmarks and speed, your system just might even run a tad bit smoother with less BSOD.
    ;
    ; must you really use the Microsoft Store for some special application you need? -- No problem, though some 
    ; custom settings wont be optimized as much, the choice will still give you atleast better perfomance and privacy
    ; settings then compared to a normal windows installation. 
    ;
    ; When YOU take control.. When YOU call the shots,  your computer benifits!!! and did I mention you would gain 
    ; some of your privacy back? --- we will never gain it all back, technology has advanced too far, Even Google and
    ; Firefox have embeded "TELEMETRY" settings inside.  and we do need some security, but for those of us that do not
    ; want to jeopardize their privacy at the same time, then Tinted Windows® is for them!!
    ;
    ; Telemetry is never going away, Company's use this info all the time, some will sell it, when did you last access 
    ; this file? How often do you check your email?  what browser are ya using?  Telemetry is nothing new, It has been
    ; around for some time now, some can be helped, and some you cant, it was'nt till the release of Windows 10 back in
    ; 2015 that "US" the "END USER's" started noticing slower computers with every update or security patch. and now
    ; We did something about it!! all for the sake of speed and performance!
    ;
    ;
    ; are you tired of your laptop or computer getting too hot, running full speed, bogging everything down crashing
    ; everything in sight from startup tasks you know nothing about?
    ;
    ; are you ready to take control?  are you ready to make your computer happy once again while at the same time
    ; boosting performance and increasing security and privacy?
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ; -- well then, it is time to put your sun-glasses on, and step into the realm of
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;                         ................... Tinted Windows® v7.1 -- Enterprise Privacy Edition x64
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ; **** (various versions) all seperate -- NOT AIO -- 
    ;
    ; Tinted Windows® Version 7.1 -- Enterprise Privacy Edition x64  -- scheduled 2017
    ; Tinted Windows® Version 8.1 -- Enterprise Privacy Edition x64  -- scheduled 2017
    ; Tinted Windows® Version  10 -- Enterprise Privacy Edition x64  -- scheduled 2017
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;*    Microsoft is a registered trademark of Billy Boy Gates or somebody like that -- and Windows® is registered with
    ;     Microsoft -- neither The Cr@zYodaz Foundation, NOR Insanity Over-Dr|ve Incorporated are responsible
    ;
    ;**   Tinted Windows® is only a collection of tools and open-source code found on the internet that make the install
    ;     act differently.  During install you will be asked a series of questions wich in return automatically grabs
    ;     the needed settings and customizes the Microsoft Windows install as it happens, avoiding allot of un-needed 
    ;     applications from installing in the first place
    ;
    ;***  The Cr@zYodaz Foundation and Insanity Over-Drive Incorporated STRONGLY suggest the "default" and "optimized"
    ;     settings, and using other open-source or third party applications like Kaspersky, AVG, Firefox, Open-Office,
    ;     Thunderbird, VLC, KODI, ect.   
    ;
    ;**** Tinted Windows® is only a collection of tools, designed for (Advanced Users) that previously own licences 
    ;     to Microsoft Windows Enterprise Operating Systems, or that obtain a "WINDOWS ENTERPRISE" TRIAL licence from 
    ;     Microsoft.com

[AutoRun.Amd64]
    open=setup.exe
    icon=setup.exe,0
     [AutoRun]
    open=sources\SetupError.exe x64
    icon=sources\SetupError.exe,0

so its kinda long, and yes, been gathering tools for all 3 versions -- so eveybody who likes it will get their choice of 7.1 (sp1) -- 8.1 , and 10 (LTSB) -- I am stepping way over my head on this one but i can do it, just wanted to get further along so that i would be closer to stable release -- im prolly going to need some help, thats for sure.

so the idea is solid, and if this can all be compiled so that every user can plug and go --- yea, it will all be worth it, trick is going to be able to make this fully customizable / on the fly, back and forth, default settings, optimized, then another batch of super duper trooper or something -- LOL

8.1 and 7 versions are early beta's and ISO'd --- prolly going to backtrack on them for Enterprise "N" versions though, with the added "N" packs if user wants -- just think as far as automatic updates and such, Enterprise is the way to go --- N -- might even give them bit more OOOOMMPH ---- and hey, there is always the upgrade / downgrade options for enterprise anyways

gotta get back to work -- here be some pics through in my old Win99

***EDIT NOTE -- just to modify pictures

Attached Files:

9. crazyodaz

crazyodaz MDL Novice

Feb 7, 2016

OO is good, used it before, only downfall is i can't use it till i start importing some stuff from the 7 and 8 versions i am working on now --- 10 will be last in the project line, but shouldnt take that long from there to move stuff into the 10 world

i will add it for sure, not as default, it will be one of the many choice available --- this is why asking what people use andd like, something i like might make another computer hate me, so choices are a must, gotta impliment this stuff very carefully this i do know, default settings have to be very light then gradually modified as the system installs, might even have to autoscript some Dism in there depending on how much a user wants to limit,

personally i waork on computers, so this is great idea, something minor, to be honest much really does not need to be changed, the tricky part is when somebody wants this setting but insists on using bing or office anyways.

there will be a little give and take and options there, and this is what is making it interesting and challenging right now

what i am leaning on now, becuase of low-overhead -- is ANTI-BEACON only, will throw in gwx control and never 10 just as backup choices, right now working on merging and modding, splitting a bunch of scripts like VOAT - and the github.com/tarampampam ones , merging both them in with some toggle-tweaker as some of that dont work on 7 --- then adding other scripts and registry tricks right into them with restore point creation, backup and all the bells and wistles --- those are the main things working on now, -- stuff to enhance the actual windows deployment

do know some of them apps are scary, think the OO one is fine, but got to be careful with some of them, as they actually cause more damage than good --- more why i am leaning towards the scripts, as be easier to veryify as a community nothing is tampered with majorly -----

yea, most releases say "NO SETTINGS WHERE DAMAGED OR HURT" --- these releases will not say that ---- the whole idea is change settings , trust microoft or trust the people that strive on privacy

Tinted Windows will not be for everybody

My Future so Bright...... I gotta wear shades

10. crazyodaz

crazyodaz MDL Novice

Feb 7, 2016
    i do want to say one thing, ... all of you TEN users -- the DIE HARDS ___ another recent sample of what I am talking about

everybody has to tint thier windows and block themselves from the almighty sun

Got Tint?

11. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Users have had unrealized good Windows ideas for decades. Microsoft seldom listens it seems, even though they make a big deal out of saying they do. You're just one more in a long line of users who say they have a better idea. Maybe you should contact Microsoft directly; "preaching to the choir" here is not going to get you what you want.

I'm outta here ...

12. crazyodaz

crazyodaz MDL Novice

Feb 7, 2016
    tottally agree with your concept ... and yes, I know, tons think we have better mouse traps, but sometimes we end up just fooling ourselves.

1) never attended to be preaching to choir, your right I am just 1 in some odd million of people on this planet that hate what has become of our beloved OS -- just small portion of people on this planet, and your absolutly correct.. if we dont like it.. then we should just a) "yell at billy boy gates" and tell him to shape up or ship out... or b) -- we should just shut up and relize there is nothing we can do about the situation --- we are incorrect to think we can scream / yell / or even complain about it -- if we dont like it we need move on -- accept it or leave it -- thats what i should do

ya know something.... i really do appreciate your reply, believe me, if we all did what your suggesting, then half the people would not even be on this forum, and to suggest that I jump over to microsoft and cuss them out, is just plain tom-foolery

everything starts with ian idea, -- I never implimented that this was my idea alone, this Windows 10 privacy stuff aint nothing new, and all my idea pertains is to actually take some of the already "VERY GOOD" solutions and scripts and INSTEAD of running them AFTER a installation --- to run them DURING the installation, hence in short, illimating the problem BEFORE it arrives.

see..... while some people do what your suggesting (to just shut up and accept the facts) -- others are actually coming up with solutions ..... this is how I was raised up, that if I, Myself had a problem, i should atleast TRY to come up with a solution BEFORE i start complaining and wining about it....... this is what i am doing.... i am working on a solution, hell, this solution might not even work, we already know it wont work half the time just because there is so many computer designs out there, but with so many good scripts and solutions for it, I feel it is time to collect some of them together, and try attacking the situation before it happens, like during the actual oobe install

no...... i refuse.... i refuse to just open my mouth and complain about something UNLESS i can also give a couple solutions and ideas to fix it first...

and with that note, i will say thank you again, seriously, your comment and reply assured me that this problem is infact "FIXABLE"

Cr@zYodaz

13. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Well crazyodaz, carry on with your quest :rolleyes:

And no offence but you do remind me of another member who used to be here his posts and replies were similar like trying to read the novel ( war and peace ) and the problem there is members get bored or have lost the start of the actual post because it may drag on to much :(

14. ricos

ricos MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2008
    Well, as this seems to be turning into a philosophical discussion, let me add my 2ct.

1. urie has a point. Like it or not, the world belongs to the 140 character generation.
    Most of what you're trying to instill in people's minds (regardless of whether or not they're good points) will remain unheard.
    Sad, yes, but that's the way it is.

2. Regarding your project... Personally, I'd love for a perfect, one click solution to come into existance.
    I'd love not having to scour countless boards and dig through dozens of scripts myself. I'd love not having to waste hours (nay, days) of my precious life time scrutinizing every update and monitor my system for altered behavior. I'd love to be up and running after a fresh install without the need for hours of patching and tweaking.
    Otherwise I might as well use Linux. (which, btw, I do; but only grudgingly so)

3. I like a lean, mean and hardened system as much as the next geek, but getting rid of Aero? Don't tell me your eyes don't prefer the look of smoked glass over the flat, gray borders we had to endure for decades. Let's not create the impression that efficiency and safety can only come at the expense of pleasure. That's just playing right into the hands of MS.

4. So, yes, I sincerely hope Tinted Windows will materialize. It's much needed, because let's face it: MS's strategy works.
    Normal people without technical background/expertise are totally defenseless against the systematical sabotage of Win7. So, by all means, keep working on it

-eom-

15. crazyodaz

crazyodaz MDL Novice

Feb 7, 2016
    #15 crazyodaz, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    (OP)
    tinted_desktop23.jpg
    Y'all know something? -- I do need to apolige right off the bat, I do realize my typing skills are of a one eyed street bum with both hands tied beind their back. with that being said, it is what it is, I've been trying over the past 20+ years to change some of my poor typing habbits and broken up "HEY SQUIREL" type of comunicating. all I can do is work on that

I also need to apolgize cause somewhere in there, somebody got idea that i was trying to actually force this idea on them, this is further from the truth, I am not trying to say this idea "HAS" to be done, nor am i trying to convince anybody wich ideas are better . Like you stated, WE ALL GOT TOOLS, we all know solutions such as various scripts and such to accompilish what we need.

so yes, when I say this project is for me, it is so I eventually dont have to go thru countless scripts and tools for hours trying to sort out wich one will work on this computer or that computer, combining a project like this into 1-2 ISO's per OS not with everything, but majority of the well used ones would save allot a time at the workbench.

I am tottally with ya, to a point, the reason why I say this is because of my last project over 15 years ago (Windows 99) kinda funny ironically that even back then people were trying to make there computers go faster or run smoother, with that project I did learn my lesson though, like most of us know with 98lite / nLite / 7customizer / winreducer and the sorts, is if go in there quickly and just disable things willy nelly, chances are that even if you do get it to work on YOUR machine, chances are it wont work on somebody elses, Windows 99 "LAPTOP" ediditon was famous for crashing, cause i ripped so much out -- the other editon worked fine though for majority. ANYWAYS, for lessons learned in the past i will try to reframe from using any of RTlite's and NTlites.

I kinda started researching this project back in march, going inside other releases and seing what everybody was doing inside to make things work, one person who is right here on MDL always had the best builds and strongest reputations for his builds, I dont know him, talked to him shortly, but actually being inside a hex editor and seing what he's done, yea I gotta do this, and I gotta do it like him, gotta do it correctly, no slapping it together with a NTlite.

it will take longer, still doing some research, but it will all done with proper tools , NOTHING will be deleted, obviously for some builds I will leave the "AERO PEAK" off , slim things down, might actually have to disable somethings to get everything running and rolling like some of the telemetry servisces and such, but those will only be DISABLED not deleted

infact, I am actually thinking of building a script sorta like "TOGGLE TWEAKER" for Win10, but would just ask the end user what they want to disable and what they need to disable -- then depending on answers actually build the ISO, this would actually serve a few purposes, and better customizations and actually gaurantee the longitivity of the ISO itself, obviously the default options are left, allot will be disabled not to fall or "PLAY" right into MS's hands like you say, but rather to give more room for virtualization, not because my i7 sandybridge only has 32gb ram, but rather because i like to run one virtual machine ontop of another wich one day a person might have to do to bypass allot of this calling home crap and win10

so anyways, that part will be the final bit of the puzzle if you will TINTED WINDOWS as a whole will have 3 versions Win7/ win8/ and Win10 -- I am hopping i can figure out how to script build the Win81 from the Win8, I have not researched that part yet, I think i stumbled on something that 81 was updateable like that, just dont know if i can do it all via DISM or not, ---- now each one of those will prolly gather 2-dvd set, 1 of those being the Enterprise EVAL that can be rearmed over and over to keep everybody out of trouble, the other dvd will be assorted PE and RE discs and solutions, seeing allot of what they have done over at the OVEN and REBOOTpro, there is no reason why not to include the 2nd DVD for each version

the 2nd dvd will be the brains of the project, offering a WinPE / FE / RE type of live system. to backup, fix a current running computer, or to prepare for a new installation, running automated scripts to actually build the main ISO, personally I want to use ENTERPRISE for every version for 2 reasons. one is that MS included the 90 day eval for each one, 2.) because personally I feel MS is not playing with updates of a enterprise system, why update a enterprise IT system and break hardware on some famous company? infact I think I read somewere that they did not even cram GWX down any enterprise versions, will that change after EOL? -- prolly, but the 2nd disc will still be there piecing everything together and be ready to re-deploy another version or even build a entirely new iso re-modified with little or no down time

LOL -- I sence just s tad bit of sarcasm in there, but its all good :)

17yrs ago when I started modifying Shane Brook's 98lite, I did so becuase there was a need, today that is all forgotten memory, some even wonder how the hell we ran computers so slow like that then, ya know something? everytime MS builds a new OS, it requires a tad bit more computer power and resources, except for 7/8/8.1/10 -- magically all 4 of them have the same minimum requirements, wich we all know in the real world is pure BS . I've been watching everything on the sidelines these past few months over here in Linux land, and watching everything .. WOW

it is sad actually, 17 years ago with Win98se , even 6 years ago with vista and 7, if MS put out a "SECURITY UPDATE" well gosh darn it we did, and we were thankful. watching all this now on side, call me crazy, I really do think MS is purposely trying to break / sabatage systems before, or right around their EOL.

maybe Microsoft wants to make sure that another "XP" situation ever happens again, hard to make money when people refuse to update a perfectly good system. I actually might have to reinstall my old disc --- ANYWAYS........

yea, sorry I will work on these 140 charactor thing, by no means was I trying to sound like I had the best idea since sliced bread. it is a AIO type of project utilizing some simple but yet complicate and confusing tools to customize and re-customize the same iso over and over, not a END ALL to END ALL, but this is why this trhead started, because i am actually jazzed, and my brain has been overloaded by all the research a project like this would etale, specially for somebody who's been away as long as I have

I will discuss more as time progress, and like Ive stated in previous comments, hope to have something more detailed this fall if a project like this is going to get done, its gotta get done right

*****on side note, #3, your AERO PEAKY thingy, there are so many of these things embeded so deep into every Windows OS -- something breaks, you quickly give it permision to call home, run it if ya want, I keep it old school, one less reason to call home. so many of them privacy things popping up, dont think disabling one little checkbox going to fix nothing, might as well double check your settings though

dang i got more things to research now --- LOL
    tinted_desktop23.jpg

16. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    A not so old proverb:
    KISS
    Peeps will then read what you say

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Or not... :D
    :eekout: