Getting Error 1053 when attempting to start a service

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ksio89, Aug 1, 2021.

1. ksio89

ksio89 MDL Member

Nov 20, 2013
    I'm trying to open Daemon Tools Pro and Rockstar Games Launcher, but they don't open at all. Then I try to start the corresponding services (DiscSoftBusServicePro.exe and RockstarService.exe) , but this error message shows for both services in Services snap-in:

Code:
    Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

I already did my research and found that a possible solution was adding a DWORD ServicesPipeTimeout with value 180000 (decimal) in the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control, but no luck. Of course I've already reinstalled both applications multiple times.

This issue has happened frequently, and it just shows up out of nowhere. Sometimes when I do a system restore it resolves, but after a while both services refuse to start again. Doing an in-place upgrade with an ISO used to work, but lately it is not anymore. I've even restored Windows (Restore PC in Settings), however after a few days the problem came back. Even if I clean install Windows, it is very likely that the problem will return after a short time, and it's completely unfeasible to restore the OS every time this happens, either via System Restore or imaging and backup software such as Macrium Reflect.

I really don't know what else to do, I really need DTP to mount images and I can't play GTA V anymore because RGL won't launch.

2. tvcat

tvcat MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2011
    Try Virtual CloneDrive