Getting key from win7 PCs when they hit the store

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jkh334, Aug 9, 2009.

1. jkh334

jkh334 MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    What would be a discrete way of getting the key off a windows 7 pc when they come out? Im sure if we picked up laptops and took a picture of the key with our cell phone, we'd get some strange looks. Is there some way of getting it through windows without having to buy it and install software that reads the key?

2. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    Impossible, those key are locked to the computer.
    It won't work.

3. AristoChat

AristoChat MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009

You can try a psychic medium.

:D

4. jkh334

jkh334 MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    True they are for that computer but it isnt until the customer takes it home and hooks it to the Net that it gets activated right? Couldn't I go in and get the key and apply it to my computer before they do and then its locked to my pc and activated to me since i done it first?

5. Mr_MKE

Mr_MKE MDL Novice

Mar 13, 2009
    If you have to ask . . . .

you can't do it.

6. AristoChat

AristoChat MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    You think companies sell computers without pre-activating ... wake up ... i know it's Sunday but be realistic

7. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    1.Buy the PC
    2.Take it home grab the OEM key
    3.Return the PC 2 days later
    4.Give some BS story to customer service(GF did not like the PC)
    5.Microshaft is now screwed

P.S. In no way am i advocating anyone doing that;)

8. jkh334

jkh334 MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Ahh so if I have an acer, since it would be an OEM key, I would need to do this with another Acer or I'd have to still run a loader.

9. frankieg

frankieg MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    You would need to get the OEM key that Windows was installed with. This will be different to the key that is on the sticker on the machine as every sticker on every OEM system still has a unique key, but vendors do not use that key on each individual machine.

So in short, we don't care about the key on the sticker, we care about the key in the installed OS. The only way to grab this is to use some keyfinder app or look in the registry.

10. Reign_Of_Freedom

Aug 1, 2009
    Yeah but i don't think there going to let you insert a USB with magicjellybean on there demo to grab the key esp with all those bloody security cameras in the stores. I dare anyone to try that and see if they don't call the police on you LOL.

Actually i take that last part back, DON'T try it. I don't wanna be blamed because someone got put in the back of a cop car and had to sit in jail with bubba.

11. techtr

techtr MDL Junior Member

Jul 24, 2009
    LOL :D:eek::D

12. bennyboy

bennyboy MDL Member

May 9, 2007
    OEM:NONSLP (the ones on the sticker) keys can be activated on any computer. The only product key you will be able to get from the Computer OS would be an OEM:SLP key. These are not known yet so if you get one before anyone else be sure to post it here!

13. jkh334

jkh334 MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Why?So M$ can blacklist it too??

14. zhadum

zhadum MDL Novice

Jun 16, 2009
    I doubt they'll call the police since crime was not committed. The worst they can do is kick you out of the store if your caught. Just do it when nobody is looking, plug in memory stick, run jellybean, use phone's camera to take picture, unplug the damn thing and run like hell. All of this can be accomplished in 1 minute. :D

15. Reign_Of_Freedom

Aug 1, 2009
    Dude lol M$ won't dare blacklist a crapload of legit users because a new OEM Key is got leaked. You can bet they don't want to deal with that backlash.

They could blacklist the leveno key because that key was never used for pc's the OEM's ship out for retail.Leveno was given another OEM SLP key from M$.

16. damox

damox MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2009
    You have a thumb drive with you remember, save the serial to this, no need for silly cameras.

17. Reign_Of_Freedom

Aug 1, 2009
    Ok fine you try it. And i bet you'll come back here to MDL and tell us a nice story of bubba something along the lines of....

I got tossed in the jail with bubba and he said "you sure do have perty lips boy"
    And it's all Zel's fault:D
    LMAO

18. johnalvin

johnalvin MDL Bios Modder

Sep 3, 2007
    don't forget to include into your usb the MISSION IMPOSSIBLE SOUND THEME, start playing it once you insert your usb to the demo pc, for realistic effect! :D:D

19. bennyboy

bennyboy MDL Member

May 9, 2007
    #20 bennyboy, Aug 9, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
    No OEM:SLP keys won't be blacklisted. They're used for activating computers that have SLIC. They'll get leaked anyway once it's released (or even before), I was just saying if he gets there first be sure to post them.

Note:

Any programs that can recover the Product key (The SLIC dump toolkit on this forum will do this) needs to be run as administrator. The display PCs will surley be have limited access and no admin rights?