Getting stuck on windows 7 boot logo and random restarts

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dimeloklk, Dec 8, 2011.

1. dimeloklk

dimeloklk MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2011
    Hello guys, first of all if this is the wrong section i apologize. I am new here and don't know where is the correct place to post things. My pc has been acting strangely lately. After I installed windows(drivers are up to date) and updated my bios version i been getting random restarts and freezes that force me to hard shut down the pc. After it boots from the shutdown or random restart i get the error in the image. I have installed windows twice and change the ram from the slots(changing the ram made the problems happen more, so i changed it back to the original slots). Is there any way to fix this? Is it a bios problem or something is wrong with my set up?

This is my build, if you need other info for parts i will write it down if asked
    Mobo - FOXCONN A7DA-S 3.0 AM3 790GX RT - Bios p09
    MEM - 2Gx2|GSKILL F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM
    CPU - amd athlon II x4 640
    PSU - APEVIA(ASP)|ATX-AS680W-BL RT
    Graphics card - HIS|H685FN1GD HD6850 1G R

Attached Files:

2. budzos

budzos MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2009
    You can try to clear your cmos. Its usually a jumper on the motherboard but check your manual for the proper procedure
    if you are unsure.
    budzos

3. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Expert

Jul 12, 2009
    You might have to check the settings in the bios, as flashing it could have reset the settings to default.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dimeloklk

dimeloklk MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2011
    Alright guys thanks for the replies, i would let you know how it goes once i get home.

5. dimeloklk

dimeloklk MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2011
    The settings got changed when the bios was updated. I loaded default settings and so far no error has happen. Thanks for the help