getting validtated

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Rheller1, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Rheller1

Rheller1 MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2009
    So I decided just to buy a copy of Windows 7. Now, is it gonna be as easy as uninstalling daz 1.7 and just entering in the new product key? From what I have read, it shouldnt matter that OEM is installed and I will enter a Retail key.

2. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    as long as the loader uninstalls okay then yes easy as that personally i would run the commands from the repository and return windows to the default state before installing a new key myself though

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Yea do what armada said dude just in case that the loader does not linger in your system. It should be fine but yea either run the commands that Armada said or you can always use Hazar's 7loader 1.6.1d and select "Repair Activation" This will also return the activation system to it's default state by removing loaders.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Rheller1

Rheller1 MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2009
    I am a tad stumped now...I uninstalled my loader, verified with a slic dump. Ran the repository commands to deactive and bring back to trial, try to change the key to my brand new windows ultimate retail key and its telling me the key is bad. This was a sealed box from amazon...any ideas?

5. apollopimp

apollopimp MDL Junior Member

Jan 12, 2008
    either you got duped or you need to do a fresh install and see if that works

6. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Call up MS

7. Rheller1

Rheller1 MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2009
    rebooted and tried again...success this time. all good again

8. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    You always need to reboot M$ software - sometimes endlessly !!