Ghost Experiences

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdarkgod, Jan 17, 2011.

1. mrdarkgod

mrdarkgod MDL Member

Feb 13, 2010
    I'm a very skeptical person of things until they are proven by facts. For example, I'm an atheist and I only believe in things that I have experienced for myself or from scientists/doctors/mentally-sane smart people/etc.. Even at that, everything everyone takes in is only interpretations by our brains through electrical stimuli and therefore it is utterly true to say we know nothing and can prove nothing at all. Ignoring that fact for the moment, let's just say our senses are true - for all the stories that can be contributed to this topic, please be sure they are either factual based on your own experience or from a highly skeptical person who has told their story to you. If you have a history of hallucinating, doing drugs or suffer from some other condition that may make you see, hear, feel or smell things that are not there, please do NOT post any of your stories or experiences.

Myself: As a small kid, I do remember waking up to a deep voice. I think it was a rumble but it was very distinct. I've never seen or heard one since.

Relative: My mom is not the type of person to lie. As a young girl, she used a Ouija board with a friend of hers. Back then they didn't use cheap plastic material pointers. Without any doubt in her mind, it did move on its own.

I know it isn't much to tell but maybe some of you will have better ones to contribute. Anyone else?

2. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Funny I'm watching the movie Hereafter right now...lol To me the sixth sense would be beyond our bodies interpretation of reality and this an disputable area of discussion as you said you only generally believe in what can be proven by science and such. Without a doubt I have felt and experienced the other side and to me it's not so foreign since my beliefs are we come from the spirit/ghost world and return to that world so why would all of us be separate from it during our physical life/experience? What I'm saying lightly is to me it's normal to have experiences of our more permanent spiritual state if we are inclined to that side of things or of that kind of spiritual beliefs. Even when a few people do have these spiritual experiences there is so much Skepticism and disbelief that I think most discount any un-ordinary experiences such as seeing a ghost or hearing a voice that you'd swear was in the room but when you look around no one's there. And it's definitely going to be difficult to tell a person who's had a life/death experience that what they experienced wans't real but indeed to them it's quite real

Just my two cents

3. mrdarkgod

mrdarkgod MDL Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Thanks for contributing, timesurfer. I thought there would be more people taking part by this point. Ah well.

C'est la vie.

4. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #4 timesurfer, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
    Give it some time. Remember most here are downloading Daz loader...lol After all it's a taboo subject to most around town. Also there are some answers that would be available that I think some on earth would have still be covered up concerning the afterlife or life in general. There's also a fear that can be implemented to control and use others when you have the fear of death so to be more comfortable with the ideas of spirit or ghosts would lesson that fear of death hence free people on that level but the world seems to control through death fear and uncertainty. With a spiritual person though they like to have certainty or a big picture. Science has some neat lenses to view some of reality but without a unified field theory I think the unknown is still well unknown because of that partial view on the cosmos. So there are couple reasons this discussion might not be so popular. Since I was small it always appeared that someone was always trying to keep something from others and not in a good way either to control because of the lack of information that is dispersed to the public or to deceive and give false information. Spiritual/Pagan type people have always enjoyed/liked having a different lens to view their lives or souls or reality. And those belief systems and groups usually appreciate and love the earth and all it's creatures than modern mans seems to. I myself prefer the shamans perspective or his self-reflective understandings and lifestyle.

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Unfortunately I cannot contribute with a ghost story. But let me add a few thoughts. I myself have studied Chemistry (science). A major reason therefore was because I wanted to know what is real and therefore I wanted to learn of what things are consist of. I was atheist, too.

Science is about creating models, images of the reality.
    It works like that (this example is mathematical though): If A=B and B=C then A must be equal to C, too. So this model can explain what A is relative to C. But it cannot explain what D is. D must be a ghost until you find another model.
    So is D existent at all? Yes, but it doesn't fit into a learned scheme.
    The same is with your deep voice you have heard one time only and the movement on the Ouija board.

The ghost dissolves when you find a scheme / an explanation for it. But it never will tell you about if it was real or not.
    An atheist is focused on to find such a scheme, otherwise it is not real to him.
    Basically to be atheistic means (átheos) Greek: without god.

I guess many people are confusing things that are existent with things that are real. You can perceive objects (with your eyes or ears, with your senses) and hence they are existent. But it doesn't mean that they are real.

Ghosts are existent, because they are perceived. Most of us think that they are not real because of the lack of a scheme that explains the existence.(D)
    Objects are existent and seem to be real, because they are perceived AND can be explained since you have a learned scheme therefore (C).

So you have to find your own way to get this figured. If I continue to post about my way I often become misunderstood, so I stop here now. :) I want to add that science is not able to do it.

My 2 cents....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. mrdarkgod

mrdarkgod MDL Member

Feb 13, 2010
    No one can actually prove anything that is "perceived" really exists. It's impossible and it always will be. Physical objects we perceive may not actually exist at all since everything we take in through our senses are interpretations.

Your comments about ghosts existing as factor "D" doesn't mean they actually exist just as physical objects can't be proven to exist. Why would you even say that if you've never even had an experience? Each person would have to have a personal experience from a ghost to know if they exist, but even at that, no one can know if they are real as an absolute fact, not even the one who saw it.

I may be going too deep. But there's no doubt that there are things we need to see so we see them and quite possibly things we don't need to see so we don't see them. The same applies to the god hypothesis. It fills in the void with a simple explanation. If people can't understand something, often they'll make some idea up since it can't be explained or proven by science.

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
    -Socrates

7. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #7 timesurfer, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
    Hey

I was thinking how are things limited by our current contemporary abiblity to percieve with the information we currently have and live by. Thus the perceptions we view reality through.

Real simply to me it is when the object observed and the subjective obeserver are unified then you would have a template or as Yen described a "scheme" to understand or in greater description "resonate" with to greater understand or perceive reality. Another example would be can we be at the pace of creation with the mindset we currently embody? Does our linear interpretation of reality with it's scientific lack of a "unified field theory" view on life actually lock us out of seeing our eternal beginnings hence ends or "Big picture". To me reality isn't organized by a big bang theory which says we're coming from a untrackable past going to a untouchable future. To me it looks like more that the physical is governed by and is for a lack of a better word "animated" from the here and now. But with an state of mind that is ruled by linear and only physical descriptions of "reality" how can we see anything greater including a potential hereafter which to some is known as the origins of life thus it's "source code" and building blocks of creation and with that how spirit is experienced by us as sometimes ghosts or the levels of energy that exist between the unmanifest and manifest parts of our universe. We need to extend ourselves even more with the eternal combination of how the manifest and unmanifest merge in what is known as the harmonies or divine order of creation which seems to have at the very least a mental/spiritual aspect or quality to it which again like Yen stated is not something science has a lens for us to interprate or view things from a whole systems perspective

This is something an Shaman or Magi would be more able to identify with but in order to get their picture of life we have to let go our understandings that only give us so much info. It is hard for most to empty their cup so it can be filled. Contemporary society would always have us be egotistically "certain" of things to the point of being destructive and invalidating towards an non-tradition way of being in sync with universal elements that can't be proven but indeed exist to those who extend themselves further than the 10 oclock news or our universities would have us know to be true at this place and time

It's almost as if until "things" can be scientifically proven they don't exist and any notion of any truth being outside of sciences realm of explanation thus interpretation is conveniently bashed as crazy an an obstruction of a "true" path to "discover" or define life. So if it's human ego and competition that keeps other ideas from entering discussion and investigation that may indeed be what is keeping us from better knowing our selves and our origins and realities of which we are made and exist!
    It would be a shame if it was our stubbornness to be open minded that is keeping us from getting more comprehensive answers about our cosmos. But I think it is our stubbornness that deceives and distracts us from what might be right in front of our faces and within ourselves

http://forums.mydigitallife.net/vb4_style/smilies/shisha.gif

8. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

#8 JaguarXJ12, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I belive in ghosts, poltergeist, super natural things, aliens, God, Jesus heck even the force.
    But I can't prove any of it and don't have any neat ghost experience to share.

But I do have this, a short clip from a news broadcast covering the events and riots in Egypt.
    Check the 1:19 mark and you will see one of the Four Horsemen, Death.

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UKz3GVrHI8

9. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #9 timesurfer, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    [​IMG]

10. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

Pretty scary huh, it sure does look like a pale horse as described in the Bible, Book of revelation 6:8

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

11. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #11 timesurfer, Feb 13, 2011
    Doesn't scare me in the slightest in fact quite the opposite. It's a removal or amnesia of the spirtual which is why we have war and our current human condition. Then the global culture is always fighting over what is everybody's and trying to claim it for a few individuals so I actually feel safer when an apparition reveals itself. Also most people that interpret such scriptures are of the intellectual/scholar types and no nothing of actual prophecies unlike actual mystics who wrote these books hence what is considered doom and gloom might not be but to those letting scientists informing us of what they can't understand only analyze and present partial mostly dramatic interpretations indeed there will be conspiracies to further scare and control through fear.

I always feel free when i experience the energies of death since I am no longer at that moment at the affect of not knowing or being uninformed

12. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

Two words: I agree
    But the first time I saw it a chill went down my spine.

13. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #13 timesurfer, Feb 13, 2011
    Yea I got chills when I watched the Paranormal Activity movie but I tend to stand up to spirit as I'm on both sides as ghosts are kinda in between worlds or just half the picture kinda. I think those who are manifested shouldn't be afraid of those in the mist of the cycles of the manifest/unmanifest universe like ghosts

Sorry for my really bad example but my point is we govern our reality not ghosts

14. mrdarkgod

mrdarkgod MDL Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Cool video, JaguarXJ12. The greenish-yellow colour really made it stand out from everything else. I had to watch it a few times to see the horse and man shape.

Here's a video that would convince skeptical people like myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43eFPTnehGY

15. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #15 timesurfer, Feb 13, 2011
    lol...Welcome to my world now go home [​IMG]

16. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

That was creepy, really creepy.
    I have seen some really scary videos and films the last copule of years making me not want to go into any abandoned ghost house.
    Chills going down my spine every time I see stuff like this.

17. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #17 timesurfer, Feb 13, 2011
    If it's just ghosts I have to deal with I'm all good. I try in my hood to avoid embodied spirits that "jack" people for their material goods...lol

Ghosts don't seem to rob us of our wallet :p Usually :cool:

18. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    i read someware that thought was energy and energy could not be distroyed, if your body shrank or expanded would you end up in a different world, are you real, what is real, or are you energy constantly changing, do things end with death if so then what was your purpose :) what is a feelling love hate sorrow why do you feel these things. god i can really babble on lol peace brother:biggrin:

19. mrdarkgod

mrdarkgod MDL Member

Feb 13, 2010
    #19 mrdarkgod, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
    (OP)
  20. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009