Gigabyte board, vista loader not working - need to flash BIOS

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by squowse, Apr 4, 2009.

1. squowse

squowse MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2009
    #1 squowse, Apr 4, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  2. zort

zort MDL Expert

Feb 19, 2008
    #2 zort, Apr 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  3. squowse

squowse MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2009
    #3 squowse, Apr 5, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
    (OP)
    Thanks a million i will do all of that.

I have Dual BIOS, will this only kick in to restore BIOS if it crashes during loading? It won't overwrite my BIOS edit if successful? Will the Dual BIOS protect me against problems due to bad flashing?

And can I just ask, what does it mean that the SLIC (this is the table in the BIOS right?) is Asus, but the SLP (this is the 25 digit key right?) is Asus,HP ?
    I should use the Asustek certificate file and SLP?

And finally - am I right in thinking that there is a good chance that a BIOS edit may enable me to use an OEM SLIC activation for Windows 7 when I am ready to use it? I know no-one knows what is round the corner, but I think the activation procedure on the betas is the same?

Thanks again
    Rog

4. zort

zort MDL Expert

Feb 19, 2008
    If Dualbios detects the regular bios is corrupt, it'll restore the main one from a backup copy. It can help one recover from a bad flash or from flashing a bad mod in many cases but not all. If the main bios is working properly it won't interfere with it.

My guess is Windows 7 activation will be similar to Vista's, but maybe with updated slics, so a new modded bios would be needed. We'll see!

5. squowse

squowse MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2009
    Thanks again for your prompt help. I have found a lot of articles about the OEM BIOS SLP Vista activation and I think I am getting ready to mod the BIOS.
    The certificate and SLP key for the BIOS mod you did is AsusTeK right? The mention of HP just confused me a little.
    And I can use the "ASUS.xrm-ms" certificate file in the Paradox package?
    Thanks a million mate I will get all this sorted out and get it done.
    Rog

6. zort

zort MDL Expert

Feb 19, 2008
    The "Asus, HP" SLP names are for XP activation. For Vista it's just Asus. The .xrm-ms you have should work.

Looks like there's a new F6 out. Guess we'll have to mod it soon!

7. squowse

squowse MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2009
    thanks again. you are a star

8. et3925

et3925 MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2009
    Activate Vista Ultimate - Acer Aspire 4935

hai every one.. i'm new.. i want every one help me to activate windows vista ultimate sp 1 32bit.. i have try bootmgr , oemautoinstaller and visterloader 4.0... :confused: