Gigabyte EP45UD3R.F11

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by FABIGUI, Sep 19, 2009.

1. FABIGUI

FABIGUI MDL Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Couple a days ago I download this release for my mobo and as is usually a mod it with ISA method manually. I never had a problem modding this board this way. I use CBROM182. It break my mobo.I though I have made something wrong and I do it once againg the samething. So I decide to mod it with Awardtool020 SSV3 method. It works without problem. This tool uses CBROM32 so I mod manually ISA method. Once more break my mobo. So I mod it with awardtool020 ISA method said successfully. I flash the bios. Once more break the mobo.I replace the bios I mod manually with the one awardtool has made and verify it,a said succesfully. ISA method don't work for me or maybe for this release. SSV3 without problem.
    I have flash the bios all time with FLASHSPI.
    My question is that, there are somewhere in this forum, this release with the ISA method mod with Awardtool020. Does they really make it work?
    I am not an expert, so I hope someone with experience can answer me, why don't work?:confused:

2. footgay

footgay MDL Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Does ISA method work with BIOS version lower than F11? I think any new Gigabyte-Award mainboard BIOS needed to use SSV3 method.

And if SSV3 method work flawlessly, why do you want to mod it with the ISA method.

3. FABIGUI

FABIGUI MDL Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Yes, I had said I don't have problem with early releases.My question is that there is somewhere here, somebody offers a ISA bios mod for this release, does really work?

4. footgay

footgay MDL Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #4 footgay, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  5. FABIGUI

FABIGUI MDL Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Yes, that is another thing, when you flash the bios, the backupbios flashes too, so is not easy to fix the problem, the only way is to shortcut two pins in the main bios and this forces to flash the bios once more from a USB Key.

6. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Gigabyte boards are always using method SSV3 in the tool. If SSV3 gives a error about EPA Module you need to use ISA.

7. Everilda

Everilda MDL Senior Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Do you have Q-flash? Gigabyte boards usually do. This should allow you to individually flash the main or the backup bios, select to boot from the main or backup bios and copy the main to the backup and backup to main.

8. villager1

villager1 MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2010
    I have this motherboard with the F5 bios.

Would I be better off flashing the newest bios before I try the SSV3?