[Giveaway/Contest] 10 licenses of WinRAR 6.0

Discussion in 'Giveaways and Contests' started by sid_16, Dec 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    #1 sid_16, Dec 18, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    I would like to thank RAR LAB for sponsoring 10 licenses (perpetual) of WinRAR version 6.0 (which includes some minor upgrade to 6.0x etc..) to our forum members and also a big thanks to our member and reviewerTarekma7 for writing this review .
    ----------------------------------------
    This giveaway starts from the 18th.December 2020 and will end on 14th. January 2021.
    ----------------------------​
    [​IMG]

WinRAR is a powerful windows archiver software that can create compressed files in both RAR and ZIP formats. It can also unpack most known file formats such as RAR, ZIP, ISO, CAB, 7ZIP and many more.

WinRAR is easier to use when compared to other archivers available on the web. You can do many operations using the right context menu. You can also select the context menu options you need to add.

The built-in special "Wizard" mode uses a simple question and answer procedure to allow instant access to the basic archiving functions. WinRAR offers you the benefit of archive encryption using AES with a key of 256 bits. This adds to the security of your data and archives

You can use the program in your own language and change the user interface using many themes available.

Homepage:

http://www.win-rar.com

The current version is 6.00 final, released on 07/12/2020

[​IMG]

System Requirements:

WinRAR is compatible with all windows versions including windows 10.

For all Android users, the RAR for Android App is available on Google Play.

The command line version of WinRAR is also available for Linux, FreeBSD and MAC OS X.

Download:

https://www.win-rar.com/download.html?L=0

Free Trial:

The program offers you 40 days free trial with all features available. After the trial is over, you can continue using the program with a popup window that remind you to purchase a license for the program.

User Interface

[​IMG]

The user interface is very friendly, intuitive and easy to use. There is menu bar with buttons which include all the program features (such as file, command, options, tools...)

You can change the program look using your favorite themes.

The program can be used in one of two modes:

Archive view: for compressed/archived files

[​IMG]

File view: for any file /folder on your computer similar to the windows explorer

The file list view options can be changed using simple right click on the upper toolbar. You will be able to select any options or remove others according to your wish

[​IMG]

Multilingual support:

WinRAR is available in more than 50 languages. This will let you enjoy your favorite app in your own language

WinRAR Menus:

[​IMG]

FEATURES:

Compression – WinRAR products are considered the best and fastest compression tools on the market. RAR or Zip your files, to protect, organize and share them safely and securely.

Encryption – Military-grade AES 256-bit encryption technology that password protects archives including all metadata.

RAR Files – WinRAR is the only software that can create RAR archives and offers a number of advanced features such as multivolume archives, tight compression and a recovery record.

Password Manager – Integrated password manager assists in keeping track of difficult and hard to remember passwords for password protected archives.

Perpetual License – Perpetual license model, valid for a lifetime. No subscription.

Recovery Record – WinRAR products are designed to recover damaged files.

Split Archives – Split archives into smaller, more manageable files. Also, combine files split to multiple parts with .001, .002, ... extensions.

Backup – Advanced backup options, time-stamped files and previous file version retention.

Drag-and-drop – Fully supported drag-and-drop functionality.

Language Version – WinRAR products are available in over 40 languages.

Virus Scan – Built-in virus scanner prevents corrupted archives from being unpacked.

Multivolume Archives – Complete support for multivolume archives and the creation of self-extracting (SFX) archives.

Unicode – Supports Unicode file names.

Compliance – Admin controls allow complete control over passwords, prevents accidental modification of archives and protects data.

Supports all popular compression formats such as RAR, ZIP and non RAR archives including; CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip.

Using solid archiving; it can raise compression ratio by 10% - 50% over more common methods

Efficient, secure, fast and save disk space. Small size with friendly easy to use skinny user interface

Shell Integration.

Support for wizard tool

Available in two forms; graphic interactive interface and command line interface

Fast email transmission and send many attached files in small size

Support multimedia files: automatically recognizes and selects the best compression

Uses CRC32 and BLAKE2 checksums to check the integrity of each file in the archive

Minimal system requirements, Compatible with windows 10 and available in both 32 and 64 versions

New Features in WinRAR 6.00:

1. "Ignore" and "Ignore All" options are added to read error prompt. "Ignore" allows to continue processing with already read file part only and "Ignore All" does it for all future read errors. It can help to avoid interrupting lengthy archiving operations, though be aware that files archived with "Ignore" are incomplete. If switch -y is specified, "Ignore" is applied to all files by default.

Previously available "Retry" and "Quit" options are still present in read error prompt as well.

2. Exit code 12 is returned in the command line mode in case of read errors. This code is returned for all options in the read error prompt, including a newly introduced "Ignore" option. Previously more common fatal error code 2 was returned for read errors.

3. If several archives are selected, "Extract archives to" option group in "Options" page of extraction dialog can be used to place extracted files to specified destination folder, to separate subfolders in destination folder, to separate subfolders in archive folders and directly to archive folders. Cont. reading..

----------------------------------------
    Homepage: https://www.win-rar.com/start.html?&L=0

Download: https://www.win-rar.com/download.html?L=0

Buy WinRAR: https://shop.win-rar.com/16/purl-shop-2183-1-n?x-source=31-buybutton-startpage
    Support: https://www.win-rar.com/support.html?L=0
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you like this Giveaway, consider to become an WinRAR fans at: http://www.facebook.com/winrar

---------------------
    Competition rules:

• To make a valid entry every participant must comment on "why do you need a free license of WinRAR 6.0? or write something about WinRAR 6.0 ".
        • Only one entry allowed per household.
        • You must use your real IP address to enter the giveaway.
        • If you enter the giveaway using a proxy or VPN then we will assume that you've got other accounts here, so your entry will not be counted and you will be disqualified.
        • If you're a winner and you don't respond to your private message within 4 days then someone else will be selected.
        • You only need to post once.
        • Any other posts will be deleted.
        • If you don't want to enter the competition then don't post in this thread.
    Competition run time:
    This giveaway starts on the 18th.December 2020 and will end on 14th. January 2021.

Winners will be randomly selected using RANDOM.ORG on the 14th. January 2021 (all time is GMT+5.30).

Be sure you've got your private messaging enabled as that's how you'll be told if you're a winner.

If you agree with the above rules you're welcome.
    sid_16.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. gabb

gabb MDL Junior Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Love Winrar. Being using it for years. I mainly use the command line to automate archiving. The use of profiles (which not all other archivers have) is a huge plus.
    The new "ignore" option is certainly useful. Before this I had to manually copy over whatever had been already decompressed, save it, and cancel the whole operation while not being able to access whatever was left.

3. Quaint10

Quaint10 MDL Member

Mar 15, 2018
    Winrar is perfect software i used back in days when i have win 7 install and now its more better .

4. LinHongJun

LinHongJun MDL Novice

Apr 20, 2013
    Love it because I used it for more than ten years.It's my favorite zip software and I only use it.I tired 7zip before, but I don't like its UI.

5. clsend

clsend MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2015
    In using older version of WinRAR currently, love have newer and latest features. WinRAR only software to create rar files.

6. dudeluv

dudeluv MDL Senior Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Count me in, I use WinRAR daily. I would love to use the newest with the newest features.

7. crypticus

crypticus MDL Senior Member

Jun 29, 2015
    i don't care so pick me.

8. oliverjia

oliverjia MDL Addicted

Mar 1, 2008
    I'm in. Best balance between speed and compression ratio as compared to 7-zip and other compressors. Plus, it can do AES256 encryption which I use to safeguard my TurboTax archives each year.

Also, if you are in the "scene", when you try to extract the split archives you know WinRAR is the only one that can do it without a hassle

9. Tovadyk

Tovadyk MDL Junior Member

Jul 21, 2015
    I love the wizard in winrar - it reduces the complexity to do simple everyday tasks.

10. Pica168

Pica168 MDL Junior Member

Jul 2, 2018
    It used to be my favorite ZIP software but i haven't used it for some years, would love to use it again if I won a license.

11. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
  12. amajmon

amajmon MDL Senior Member

Sep 21, 2012
    WinRar is the LAW. I have been using it for centuries. There is no better than him.
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. kooocko

kooocko MDL Novice

Jan 13, 2018
    I love WinRAR and use it all the time in trial version, so it would be nice to finally register it :)

14. alexyu

alexyu MDL Novice

May 21, 2017
    I've found WinRAR very useful in file de/compression processes, and it's important to keep up with the latest versions. I'm using an earlier version, and this one is 'hot off the press', so I'd like to try and get this copy; thanks for the opportunity!

15. ricktendo64

ricktendo64 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2008
    I love WinRAR, best looking and best preforming archiver (I love the Windows 10v2 theme.) I also love the fact that you can use it without registering, yes you have to close a window every time you open, but it will never stop working after a per-determined trial period.

[​IMG]

16. Iftekar Khan

Iftekar Khan MDL Novice

Jan 12, 2019
    #16 Iftekar Khan, Dec 20, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    Hi, thanks for the giveaway, I need WINRAR to create self-extracting multi-volume archives.
    //WinRAR can work with Unicode (exclusive feature) & supports Unicode file names.
    //Supports drag-and-drop functionality (Drag a folder/file from File explorer and drop it into WinRAR to add it to archive)
    //WinRAR can show encrypted or compressed NTFS files in color.
    //WinRAR shows and allows to compress hidden folders/files easily without changing any system settings.

17. angustaver

angustaver MDL Member

Sep 5, 2015
    WinRAR is the best file compression and decompression software, I use the free version
    I would like to earn a license.
    thanks

18. kubik67

kubik67 MDL Member

Feb 14, 2016
    #18 kubik67, Dec 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    Entry deleted.

19. NST_Adventure

NST_Adventure MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2019
    Why i want to win license?
    -currently i using "giveaway" version from official developer which i can't upgrade

I hate cracking
    And yes WinRAR Itself are unique as they are
    Have many feature which i need it

Thanks @sid_16 For Giveaway
    Count Me In

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

20. TrojanK

TrojanK MDL Junior Member

Aug 12, 2014
    WinRAR is the only compression software that can work with Unicode.
    It supports Unicode file names.

WinRAR shows and allows to compress hidden folders/files easily without changing any system settings.