[Giveaway/Contest] for 8 licenses of WinRAR 5.50.

Discussion in 'Giveaways and Contests' started by sid_16, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    I would like to thank Ms. Angela Weiske of WinRAR Marketing Team for sponsoring MDL, 8 free licenses of WinRAR 5.50 ($33.35 each).

Again, I would like to thank Tarekma for writing this professional review of the WinRAR v5.50 that can be read from the below link.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    This contest starts from 8th. Sep. and will end on 17th. Sep.2017

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

WinRAR is compression software developed by RARLab, it is widely considered as one of the best archiving software available in the market.
    [​IMG]

About WinRAR 5.50;
    WinRAR is a powerful windows archiver software that can create compressed files in both RAR and ZIP formats. It can also unpack most known file formats such as RAR, ZIP, ISO, CAB, 7ZIP and many more.

WinRAR is easier to use than many other archivers with the inclusion of a special "Wizard" mode which allows instant access to the basic archiving functions through a simple question and answer procedure. This avoids confusion in the early stages of use.

Homepage:

http://www.win-rar.com

Download and installation:

WinRAR is compatible with all windows versions, ( 32 and 64 bit versions). You can download the free trial version (2 Mb ) from the official website. Installation doesn’t need any skills only you need to specify file associations in the last step. You can try the program for free for 40 days with full features available. After the trial is over, you need to purchase a license to continue using the program. The license key will be sent to you after purchase, simply extract it in the installation folder to activate the program

The current version is 5.50 (August 14, 2017)

Key Features:

Archiving (Compression):

[​IMG]

One of the main features of WinRAR is creating smaller archives from any folders or files in a fast and easy way. This will free much space on your hard disk and save your working time. WinRAR supports all popular compression formats such as RAR, ZIP, CAB, TAR, ISO, 7-Zipand many more. WinRAR supports files and archives more than 4 GB in size especially the 64 bit version. It is ideal for multimedia files and will automatically recognizes and select the best compression method. You can deal with compressed files in many ways including the command line.

In addition, you can easily split large sized archives into smaller sized files with specified volumes. This helps you to save them on several disks for example. It will also be easier to send via email

WinRAR has many archiving options which lets you select save location, archive name, split size and encryption with password. In addition, there are many compression methods including normal (default), good, best, fast and fastest. You can also specify the compression profile, update mode, archive format and many advanced options, for example test archive, lock archive, delete after archiving and many more options. Other compression options are categorized under other tabs such as advanced features, backup options, recovery options, add comments to your archive, options, the option to add or exclude files to your archive, and time (for example file time to store and process)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RAR5 Default Archive format:

RAR5 is the latest version of RAR format that was added added in WinRAR 5.0. It is characterized by strong AES-256 encryption , more efficient recovery record, in addition to larger dictionary sizes. All WinRAR versions lower than 5.0 (WinRAR 4.2 and lower) can't handle RAR5 format.

Extraction of compressed files:

You can decompress any archive format supported by the program. This is done using many ways such as the right context menu items; or use the program main window to open the archive then extract here or extract to specific location.

SFX tool: The program has a built-in feature which lets you easily create self-extracting archives using SFX tool. This allows you to send compressed files to any user with no archiving software needed to extract the contents.

Continue reading...

WinRAR home page- http://www.win-rar.com/start.html?&L=0

Download- http://www.win-rar.com/download.html?&L=0
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Important information;
    As usual, WinRAR will need these information from the winners after the campaign is over:

Name (first/last name):
    Street:
    ZIP/City:
    A valid E-Mail:

If you like this giveaway, please consider liking the Facebook Fan page for WinRAR here- http://www.facebook.com/winrar
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Important 2;
    All the participants must leave a comment saying why they need WinRAR to make a valid entry.

COMPETITION RULES:
    • Only one entry allowed per household.
    • You must use your real IP address to enter the giveaway.
    • If you enter the giveaway using a proxy or VPN then we will assume that you've got other accounts here, so your entry will not be counted and you will be disqualified.
    • If you're a winner and you don't respond to your private message within 4 days then someone else will be selected.
    • You only need to post once. Any other posts will be deleted.
    • If you don't want to enter the competition then don't post in this thread.

COMPETITION RUNTIME:

This giveaway starts on the 8th September 2017 and will end on 17th September 2017.

Winners will be randomly selected using RANDOM.ORG on the 17th September 2017 (all time is GMT+5.30).

Be sure you've got your private messaging enabled as that's how you'll be told if you're a winner.

If you agree with the above rule/s you're welcome.

sid_16.

EDIT:

The giveaway of WinRAR has ended now. Few entries have been deleted/omitted for not following the rule "why do you need a free copy of WinRAR" to make a valid entry.

The RAR Lab has increased the licenses from 5 to 8 numbers. So the competition is for 8 licenses.
    The winners are in random order:

1. @mOBSCENE
    2. @nonlin01
    3. @dinosaur07
    4. @zen45
    5. @collatinus
    6. @Ponx
    7. @Evides
    8. @Tiger-1
    The winners are requested to send me their details through private message so that I can send them to RAR Lab for license preparation that may take few days to reach the winner's specified emails.

https://imgur.com/zsVpLD5
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    The Giveaway is open for participation!

GOOD LUCK.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. retest

retest MDL Junior Member

Nov 2, 2010
    to enter one only needs to post here ?
    op is unclear.

4. strai

strai MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2015
    Count me in! I always loved WinRAR but a bit too pricey for me

5. cengizhan

cengizhan MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    thanks. please count me in

6. smiler10

smiler10 MDL Junior Member

Aug 15, 2009
    #6 smiler10, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    What a nice Giveaway, please count me in!

I need WinRAR because it's a small, but very strong software..

7. Tovadyk

Tovadyk MDL Junior Member

Jul 21, 2015
    #7 Tovadyk, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    I really really need this WinRAR to make my backups smaller

8. jan13

jan13 MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2016
    A great contest for a brilliant program.they need some luck.

9. Sp0iLeDBrAt

Sp0iLeDBrAt MDL Novice

Dec 14, 2015
    Please consider me

10. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    thanks dude, count me in Winrar is one excelent application :D

11. m0k1

m0k1 MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2015
    Count me in ! Defintly need this ! :)

12. nonlin01

nonlin01 MDL Junior Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Thanks for this - please count me in!

13. antonio8909

antonio8909 MDL Guru

Feb 16, 2014
    Please count me in! Thank you!

14. Roscon

Roscon MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2017
    really is an indispensable application

15. craftbrewer

craftbrewer MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Agree with everyone, WinRAR is a basic stable application for internet use. Better than others around. I would like to enter the competition please.

Graham L Sanders

16. dudeluv

dudeluv MDL Senior Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Count me in also, I use the trial winrar on a daily basis and would love to be able to win a key for this great product

17. rcstar6696

rcstar6696 MDL Senior Member

Jun 11, 2017
    Count me in.

18. william1955

william1955 MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2016
    Very good compress software.
    Please count me in.

19. TeamOS

TeamOS MDL Guru

May 27, 2013