giving Windows 8 the heave-ho and installing Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Holden von Vloppen, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Holden von Vloppen

Holden von Vloppen MDL Junior Member

May 16, 2010
    I'm considering buying a new laptop, but I most certainly do NOT want Windows 8. I've seen it. I hate it. It's junk compared to Windows 7. My desktop is a Windows 7 machine that I originally got as a no-OS debranded HP (that originally had XP Media before I owned it). It's worked out well to use with the Daz loader. Of course with a desktop there's less risk. If you absolutely cannot find a compatible driver for a video or sound card or whatever, you can replace that hardware with hardware you know there's a driver for. If you must.

I wanted to get a sense from people here who have done it. Have many people here gotten a Windows 8 PC and reverted it to 7? Did you have good luck or did you end up in driver hell?

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    hp laptops u can use the nbdmifit 1.19 to change os sku in bios.. easy fix to activate slic 2.1

most laptops (if not all) that use 8 can use 7 no problems with driver finding. if u know how to do a VEN_#### and DEV_#### search

i did same with vista back to xp many times.. 1 time i had 1 issue.. but found it

3. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
    With hard drives being so cheap these days, I would recommend getting one and putting the one from your computer on the shelf in case you ever want to revisit it. ...T

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    very good idea ^ .. also remember bios settings of EFI boot or secure boot .. needed for 8 .. not for 7

5. Holden von Vloppen

Holden von Vloppen MDL Junior Member

May 16, 2010
    That's a great idea, thanks. I had planned to do a full backup with Acronis to an external drive, but I like your idea better. It costs a little more money, but it's simpler.

6. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    Wrap that rascal up good and protect it before shelving it! :D