Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by sacred, Aug 11, 2012.
Can I simply upgrade or must I do a clean install? Thank you!
even I'm looking for this. Lemme see if I can find an alternate way.
Here's how to do it:
1. Open the Run Menu (Windows Key + R)
2. Type regedit (Opens Registry Editor)
3. Navigate to HKEY_Local_Machine (In left pane).
4. Open the folder and navigate to Software.
5. Go to Microsoft.
6. Then go to Windows NT.
7. Open Current Version.
8. In the right pane you should see EditionID.
7. Double Click That and type "Professional" (Without quotations).
8.Insert Your Windows 8 Pro DVD or Flash Drive in PC and Upgrade It.
I made a similar post about removing WMC from Windows 8 to Activate it.
Just Do the Same thing here as listed above.
But it can be activated with Windows 8 Pro N product key after upgrade?
It can as long as you have the Install Files for Win8 Pro N.
To be clear: Product keys are SKU specific. For Pro, you need a Pro key, an Enterprise N one won't work for Pro.