Going to give this a try, help me customise and give me some tips

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ryouga, Oct 24, 2017.

1. ryouga

ryouga MDL Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Ok, so I don't want Cortana, I dont want store, any apps I want it as close to plain like Win 7 as possible.

I don't want onedrive, I dont want my left rail cluttered with links apart from hard drive and my documents

Classic Shell I know of.

And I realise other people write similar threads.

I want to disable any thing that has come since 7 except whats useful to me like DX12 which doesn't break the OS.

A few other questions is about activation, on 7 I used Josh Cells software to backup the activation file and restored it, I tended to reinstall every 6-8 weeks on my main and every 2-4 months in bedroom pc.

For 8 I used Winreducer, is there any simple way to do this with a iso/ripped folder or shall I keep doing the same?

Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    You do not have to do anything, Microsoft saves your activated status automatically. But you can use the so-called "Genuine Ticket". Google search helps, if you do not know, what it is. But this activation is valid only in the same pc. If You have bought activation key, You don't need to do nothing.
    However, all Windows applications cannot uninstall, you can only make them invisible for you, but they must stay because Windows uses their components.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BladeGod

BladeGod MDL Member

Oct 28, 2016
    You can either wait a little bit more for MSMG to release a new version 7.8 that fully supports RS3, or install NTlite latest version.

4. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
    Played with various versions of 10 over the past 2 years
    now running Win7 / Win10 LTSB dual boot
    It's got everything I want, the shell is close enough to Win 7's not to be annoying
    and you can get rid of all those miserable tiles.
    Didn't have to customize much at all
    Didn't miss anything I need

...T

5. x58haze

x58haze MDL Junior Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Well actually there some effective things that you can do when installing Windows 10

-I recommend to you a clean iso from MSDN such Windows 10 pro 64 bit 1607 anniversary no glitches.

1- Disconnect the Ethernet cable- before the first boot!
    2- Do manually install your Chipset-drivers
    3- Do manually install your graphic drivers
    4- Do manually install your , audio, drivers
    5- Open Command prompt followed by this cvar: winsat formal (let this run to see if everything goes well)
    6- Now you can defer Windows upgrade in case you don't like windows versions beyond the anniversary if so read step 7
    7- open gpedit.msc in windows key+r go to administrative templates+Windows Components+Windows Update+Defer updates
    7.1- Defer updates doble click on (select when updates are received) then hit enable and current branch+180 days
    7.2- This only work for Pro versions of windows and enterprise.
    8- Connect back your Ethernet-cable, do manually install your lan drivers
    9- Dowload Microsoft wushowhide to disable or enable windows updates that you dont required
    10- Dowload Windows O&O Shut-up to disable telemetry, spy things
    10.1- Go to settings in Windows notifications+apps and privacy and turn everything that you dont need.
    10.2- In Windows Settings disable any background process running
    10.3- Uninstall unnecesary APPS
    11- I don't really recommend to disable Cortana because is very usefull and in windows 1607 is not a problem

Then you can disable some services in windows 10 1670 like Delivery Optimization, to avoid your Windows Shared updates in your home, by going to services.msc type that in Windows key+r and find that thing put on disable startup, then you are way to go

There many others thing to do so, such disable Windows-search, or indexing, or prefetch but thats all up to you, is not very necessary
    Another thing is to set a high performance battery and enable the CPU IDLE or disable to better perfomance cheers :)