Good News: Signed Advanced Theme from RP b8400 STILL works :)

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by moderate, Aug 30, 2013.

1. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    Hello,

I've just tested, that RP b8400 theme still works...

I'll place themepack (both for x64 and x32) with ALL wallpapers from ALL MS Betas :) right here in few hours...

It will contain these additional signed themes:
    Basic theme (from Server),
    Classic theme (W2000 style stolen from HB),
    Advanced theme (from RP b8400)...

Screenshot :D
    RP_Theme.jpg

2. ReelFiles

ReelFiles MDL Addicted

Mar 30, 2011
    Cool, I will try it after work.

3. Krkan

Krkan MDL Junior Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Rocking the tunnel theme now.

4. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    Yep :) That one is nice...
    IMHO there was only one beautiful wallpaper in Vista (the corn field) ans only one beautiful wallpaper in W7 (tunnel), the rest are strange things... :D

5. djdare

djdare MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Krkan

Krkan MDL Junior Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Found a bug with the themes. Right click on the icons on your taskbar and have a look.

7. Mr GRiM

Mr GRiM MDL Junior Member

Sep 4, 2012
    You can fix that with the latest SIB (start Is Back) RC2 for 8.1, if your using a theme from Windows 8 that still contains the start menu images it will use the old image locations, in the 8.1 msstyles the start menu images have been removed and now the jump list settings and images have all been jumbled up, SIB fixes this problem, and if you don't want to have SIB for the start menu then you can still set it up to use the normal start button or hide it if you like and still have it go to the start screen.

8. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    #9 moderate, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    (OP)
    I see that, however, I don't use this feature (right click options of pinned apps) at all.
    I only pin apps to taskbar to lock their order, in which they remain open on taskbar.
    I even don't use pinned shortcuts for running the apps, because invoking 2nd instance of already running app requires more that one click.
    For that reason I made my own "Start-Menu" (more menus in fact) with fully customized items.
    StartMain.jpg
    System.jpg
    With these things set, MS can change its menu-policy with every new Windows (I don' care).
    Most used apps, I have also out of the menus accessible by single click here:
    MostUsed.jpg

9. Puremin0rez

Puremin0rez MDL Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    I love that the theme gets synced aswell, so now it's on all of my other computers :)

I love the RP "aero" theme so much...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. djdare

djdare MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2007
    Yeah found that too... Is there a way to fix it without SIB?

I actualy like Win 8.1 how they are.
    Except in dark (black) active window bar not all buttons are visible (minimize & fullscreen).

11. karlwhitfield13

karlwhitfield13 MDL Novice

May 31, 2013
    Quick question. I neglected to install any of the pre-rtm builds of 8.1 - what does this theme offer exactly :)