Goofy task manager is goofy.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by ! .ĐΛЄMØИ. !, Aug 28, 2012.

1. ! .ĐΛЄMØИ. !

! .ĐΛЄMØИ. ! MDL Junior Member

Apr 19, 2010
  2. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    A lot (or all?) modern (and some really old ones, too) CPUs are made to speed up/slow down as the demand for CPU power is needed or not needed. This isn't unusual, and I've seen it before, too, including before Windows 8. This saves power and generates less heat.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Most of the new CPU's are build with Power Saving features. That reduces the Speed of that CPU as well and it will be different everytime you reboot the computer. And if you'd set Windows within the Power Options to Balanced Mode, it even differs more.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jassi

jassi MDL Junior Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Yes. Its buggy,goofy,whatever....
    I have two ram sticks installed. About two days back only one was shown in the taskmgr and I thought maybe one stick has gone bad.However after restart both of them were shown in taskmgr. To be on safe side I ran memory test and checked both the sticks.Both sticks passed the test.:mad: wasted 6 hours for that s**tty taskmgr.

5. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    What do you expect from a s**tty OS? :D

6. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    its a goofy OS :roll1:

7. xano

xano MDL Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Add to that its slow starting time. I do appreciate all the new bells and whistles there, but I also miss the lightness and speed of the old thing.

8. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Nobody is forcing you to use Win8. ;)
    I don't. ;)

9. KrlzGmz

KrlzGmz MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2012
    Win 8 slow? My bios takes 6 seconds dooing scans and test and 4 seconds after that I'm on my lock screen, that's atleast 3 times faster than fresh installed Win 7 on my system.

I don't know about your system, but in mine, Win 8 is a huge upgrade.

10. Boyfriend

Boyfriend MDL Senior Member

Feb 10, 2010
    All new CPUs are built with advance power saving features. Intel and AMD CPUs has multistep clock speed increase/decrease. Intel Core series especially Sandy & Ivy Bridge has very advanced power saving features and can increase/decrease clock speed within defined limits, turn off cores, or turbo boost core(s) (model specific features). The minimum clock frequency within any processor family is already defined, i.e., for sandy bridge it is 0.8 GHz. Processor cannot operate stably below this clock. The upper speed within same processor family varies, i.e., according to processor model. The power plan let OS use processor and other hardware according to predefined setting/threshold.

@! .ĐΛЄMØИ. !: The Windows 8 task manager is aware of such technologies and reflect it in real-time. It is encouraging thing that user get real-time information about his operating system. There is nothing to worry. What is your processor model?

11. ! .ĐΛЄMØИ. !

! .ĐΛЄMØИ. ! MDL Junior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Anyone noticed what CPU i'm using? It's in the screenshot LOL.

Anyway I'm overclocked so every power feature is disabled, that's confirmed by CPUZ in the screenshot.

I did some reading and most people have visual problems with task manager with anything over 3GHz, so go figure.

And I love Win8, mine boots in less then 3 seconds and that includes logging in.. so STFU :)

Anyway I like the new task manager, when I get back home I'll fiddle around with the windows power profile and see if anything fixes it.

12. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    I don't use that "feature". My PC only reboots when Windows 7 updates require it, otherwise...it's always ON. :D

P.S. It's not polite to "STFU" other members. ;)