Google Chrome OS 999.999.32309

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by santoshcoolhere, Nov 27, 2009.

1. santoshcoolhere

santoshcoolhere MDL Member

Jan 3, 2009
    #1 santoshcoolhere, Nov 27, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
    This is not the correct place to post this but i got a VMWare image of the highly rumored Google Chrome OS with a build tag 999.999.32309.I am currently running Windows 7 x64 and wht do u guys suggest ?? should i test it ????
    The file i have is labelled chromeos.vmdk and it's size is about 750MB and the site frm which i got this is a trustworthy one.

2. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    Not really trying to be a smart *** but you're making it easy. While a new OS is interesting, why are you asking us if you should test it? Test it or not - who cares? Especially if it's in VMWare, it won't hurt anything and is easy to test. No matter what you won't be using it as your main OS, I'm sure, so have fun.

Even if it's not what it says it's supposed to be, as long as it's in VMWare, it won't affect your real computer, so again, test away.

Bless you my son, now go and sin no more... :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. El_Heffe

El_Heffe MDL Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Do you understand that Chrome OS is not some new operating system -- it's just Linux with the Google name slapped on it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    And is intended to be used on Netbooks.

5. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #5 HotCarl, Nov 27, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
    ...so in other-words it is a linux "shell". Ehhh, I think I will pass on the whole google "chrome" thing. It just goes to show you that you can slap chrome on anything and sell it... Chrome just sounds so damn cool. :p

6. MrFerretKing

MrFerretKing MDL Member

Aug 25, 2009
    It may be a linux derivative but if Google puts as much r&d into an OS as it does for its search engine and web apps, it would give all other *nix OS's and possibly Windows a good run for their money.

And you are right, having an OS called Chrome would be a lot coolerr than just Windows 7 :p

7. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Since it was announced, Google informs that Chrome will have simplified code to be installed in machines with specific components of hardware (as SSD disks, solid state). In other words, theoretically, it would not be possible to install the operating system in a conventional PC.

Theoretically, the scenery changes if it is installed in a virtual machine and it is the only way, until now, to run this OS in a regular PC.

It really was developed for portable computers.

8. santoshcoolhere

santoshcoolhere MDL Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Here are the Results :
    1.Booted Up Very quickly.Took only 5 sec to boot up completely.
    2.The interface is pretty clean it has only a browser and a dockbar.All is based on linux just as u guys said.
    3.The only browser is Google Chrome
    4.I am still unable to connect it to the internet
    5.Playing my favorite music is just like hell nothing plays
    6.Shutsdown in just 3-4 sec
    7.The dockbar is filled with google crap
    8.My ratings 5/10......waste of valuable time.

9. exo-dan

exo-dan MDL Senior Member

Aug 22, 2009
    the password is......wrong forum