Google Locked Galaxy Tab A8

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by arlawson83, Oct 19, 2022.

1. arlawson83

arlawson83 MDL Junior Member

Nov 23, 2021
    Hello everyone,

A few days ago I was given a sm-x200 at a local tech shop that is google locked. A factory reset was done, but sadly the account is still there and nobody has the original info. I'm very unfamiliar with tablets so I don't know to remove the account. Is there a way to remove this account? I'd hate to throw this tablet away since it's in good condition.

2. pm67310

pm67310 MDL Guru

Sep 6, 2011
    factory reset and clean wipe ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Enigma83

Enigma83 MDL Novice

Mar 15, 2012
    #3 Enigma83, Jan 17, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
    FRP literally means "factory reset protection". I guess you missed the "a factory reset was done" part. If it were that simple, anyone could remove a Google lock from a device that way. Just imagine a thief stealing a device, then factory resetting it to get rid of the Google lock.

@arlawson83: You will probably need a software tool to remove the lock. Or, if you can somehow manage to root it, that can get rid of it too. Since it's a Samsung tablet, look for something called a combination firmware, flash it with Odin or Heimdall. A combination firmware is a special firmware used by engineers/technicians to diagnose issues. Anyway, if you can do that successfully, the lock should be removed.

Take it back to the shop and request that they remove the lock, at no additional charge. They shouldn't have given it to you that way, very irresponsible of them. You should have powered it on before leaving, and not agreed to take it upon noticing the lock.