Got 4 TB hdd but I failed at loaders need ultra help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by B_CANSIN, Oct 18, 2015.

1. B_CANSIN

B_CANSIN MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2015
    #1 B_CANSIN, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
    Well I bought 4 TB hdd 4 mounths ago ı thought its good idea but than I learned win MBR supports only max 2.2 TB hdds . Hmm it so forced me to UEFI method because of CRT system only support that I wana use win 7 ultimate x64 but I failed to find anything about activasioning it his so I could use any method fix but not broke my mother board bios or kill my computer completly. I will glad for any usefull answers :worthy:

2. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    I will swap with you. I have a 1TB HDD. That will work on MBR. I will convert from GPT first.:eek:

3. B_CANSIN

B_CANSIN MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2015
    I got 1+1+1 tb now I bought this 4 tb all other 1 tb full also got 1+2 tb outside of case and they all full too lol

4. zero2dash

zero2dash MDL Member

Aug 30, 2012
    The drive being GPT instead of MBR does not affect activation tools nor should it force you into a UEFI install. Not sure what the issue is? Daz, MS Toolkit or KMSPico should all work.

5. B_CANSIN

B_CANSIN MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2015
    I just thought CBR can not use it without UEFI mode for now my problem I got 4 tb hdd normal boot dvd method failed to use all hdd of mine so I take UEFI dvd method than loaders failed on UEFI mode so what can I do fix this?

6. zero2dash

zero2dash MDL Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Ok, apologies, I realize now that yes, if you have a GPT disk, you have to use UEFI setup otherwise it won't boot.
    Which loader did you use? Did you try different ones?
    Have you tried a KMS tool instead?

Loaders may have issues; KMS should work. Reason being (I'd think) is that loaders moreso mimic what an OEM uses, and OEM's are not going to use GPT discs because they're not going to have >2TB capacity on the OS drive and probably therefore the OS disc is an MBR despite new OEM bioses being UEFI compatible.

You may have to use a KMS tool instead. KMSPico should work fine.

7. B_CANSIN

B_CANSIN MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2015
    sadly KMS failed to my system well I think I need use my other hdds for my main windows so sadly:throw::rip:

8. rjk123

rjk123 MDL Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Ultimate will not work with kms. Windows loader will not work with gpt boot drives. Install Professional or Enterprise to use a kms activator with gpt drive.

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007

Yes, true answer to question, so much false information posted when there is dedicated section for Daz loader that could have explained all o_O

10. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    Anyway the OP should keep in mind that the limit is just for bootable drives.

A 4TB drive can be used as data drive and can be seen by anything newer than XP64, if formatted with GUID scheme.

And even XP32 is able to see those partitions using third party drivers.

So aside the valid messages above, my suggestin is to not use a 4TB HDD as OS drive, there are a number of reasons that made this kind of setup not so wise.

Just get an SSD as boot drive. Even a super cheap 32gb can be more than enough