got watermark.. but W7 is "activated'???

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kafkastiles, Apr 14, 2010.

1. kafkastiles

kafkastiles MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2009
    hi all! I love this forum and this is my first post. Special thanks to everyone ... by lurking I have been able to learn how to mod bios and activate W7... even when I screwed up and downloaded the WAT and got the horror... i was able to figure out how to activate again by reading several posts.

NOW.... I just got the watermark (above the clock)... then i went to "System" in control panel and it said I am Activated and "genuine"... then the watermark disappeared.

Anyone else seen this? Is it baaaad???
    thanks
    -kafka!

2. iamanoob

iamanoob MDL Senior Member

Feb 28, 2010
    ensure you have "Software Protection" running and set to Automatic in Services.msc ..
    when i have it disabled .. that Watermark appears on my Desktop ..
    and im not using any loaders ..

3. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Did you install the beta copy of Service Pack 1? That would explain the watermarks if you did lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    iamanoob is correct. you will find that the "software protection platform service" is set to manual. Set it to automatic (delayed)

6. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    I just noticed that the "software protection platform service" is set to automatic (delayed) but does not show up as "started" and I have the option to start the service.

I was activated online with genuine key and I have no issues - is this simply the way it works ?

7. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    The service does not always run even though it is set to automatic. It only runs when WU is running, when you go to the computer properties or when a crack or other program accesses it like WAT. Other then that it is not running dude. Just to clear that up for you.

8. kafkastiles

kafkastiles MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2009
    Thanks a bunch, dudes! I set it to automatic (delayed) and so far so good...

Y'ALL ROCK!