GPT activation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zyxedzyx, Mar 8, 2016.

1. zyxedzyx

zyxedzyx MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2016
    Hello friends, I am new to the forum.
    So I was wondering, is there any way to activate Windows 7 on GPT partition table? Daz loader does not work, only MBR is supported. Bios modding is not an option for me cuz I can brick my laptop. Is there only a way to activate it via original key?

2. zyxedzyx

zyxedzyx MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2016
    Thank you for your respond. So eventhough I have Uefi on my laptop with GPT I can use Microsoft toolkit and kmspico? What is better and does it activate my system temporarily or permanently if I use it on Enterprise windows? Which one is better?
    I am asking all of this because I have a gpt partition table system.

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    umm windslic ?

4. zyxedzyx

zyxedzyx MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2016
    What is winslick? Does it have something with modding BIOS?

5. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    WindSlic is a UEFI type of tool similar to Daz Loader. I've never used it so don't usually suggest it. Microsoft Toolkit and Pico will both activate on any type of partition since they are not loaders and have no such requirements. They use MS's own KMS activation technology to complete their mission. Id suggest reading up more on what KMS is and what the tools do from their threads.

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  7. zyxedzyx

zyxedzyx MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2016
    That's why I am asking what the WindSlick is. From what I've seen they can both activate the system, but I couldn't find any information about on what partition table does it activate the windows, whether it is MBR or GPT. From what I know Daz loader only works with MBR while I couldn't find anything about Ms toolkit or Pico, that's why I am asking.

From what I understand and what I've read, Windslick requires a BIOS modding to activate, do I understand it correctly?

8. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Shirozawa

Shirozawa MDL Junior Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Removewat is not a good solution ?

10. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    If your asking then I have to say it is a terrible solution!!

11. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    No.

You either need a modded bios or use a SLIC loader that is compatible with UEFI/GPT system (example: WindSLIC).

12. zyxedzyx

zyxedzyx MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2016
    The problem is I can't install it on MBR cuz I have an error during instalation.

Well I prefer DAZ loader.

From what I've read, it is not supported anymore and I doubt it will work on GPT.

I do not want to use modded bios cuz like I said before, I heard a lot of people bricked their laptops in that process.

Can I get a link to the WindSlick and how to use it? I've been searching the forums a lot but couldn't find it. Is it similar to DAZ loader or how it works?

13. zyxedzyx

zyxedzyx MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2016
    Thanks tho, but how can I use it? And does it really work with GPT?

14. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    1. Yes, it works but there are some prerequisites. It may also fail in some cases.
    2. Read the thread & the instructions carefully.
    3. Please tell us the exact model name of the PC you're trying to activate.

15. zyxedzyx

zyxedzyx MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2016
    What do you mean by prerequisities? Could you add some

I've read the thread and the instructions, but haven't found anything how to use this tool.

This is lenovo z510, sir.
    Thank you for your time and messages in the thread to help me out.

16. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  17. zyxedzyx

zyxedzyx MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2016
    Thank you, but the problem is that I couldn't install it on MBR cuz I had a message like you. " Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The Selected disk has an MBR Partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT. "
    That's why I was forced to convert it from MBR to GPT in order to install Windows 7 and that's why Daz's loader does not work for me and I am asking for an alternative for gpt.

Thank you as well, I will try it in the future. But for now I am looking for like I said alternative way of activating the system for GPT partition table and in the future for my friends. So I am asking if KMSpico or Windows Toolkit will work in my case?

Btw. I will send you in a PM a link with an activator for GPT/UEFI and gonna give you intructions, will you answer and check this for me if it works?

18. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @zyxedzyx

1. You've started the installer in UEFI mode, whereas you've to start in it legacy mode.
    2. I advise you to install Professional or Enterprise SKU & use any available KMS emulator - Microsoft Toolkit is a good choice.
    3. The link you send me contains a fairly old version of WindSLIC which is buggy & not recommended for install.
    4. I told you to read & learn about WindSLIC from its thread; it would be better to gather some knowledge about UEFI boot process & possible recovery scenarios before you proceed - thus KMS is recommended for you.