Graphic card advice

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by MrBrazil, Aug 6, 2013.

1. MrBrazil

MrBrazil MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2013
    I am building a new computer, i have a limited amount to spend so i will be going with a Quad Core FX 4100 or maybe something a little above with 8GB of Ram (maybe 16 but i think its to much), but when it comes to GPU's its been a long time since i purchased a new one.
    I was a big fan of BF3 and i want to go back to that game and also prepare for BF4 with a good card but i don't want to overspend..

Any suggestions appreciated, also will consider doubling cards up at a later date.

2. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Budget ?

3. MrBrazil

MrBrazil MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2013
    £200-240....

4. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
  5. reticule

reticule MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2010
    Like MrMagic said. The 670 and 79XX Series are good choices. You can find them cheap used at times and if you're lucky check slickdeals or hardforum. Sometimes you can snag one on clearence or price mistaken.

6. rr_uuuv

rr_uuuv MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2013
    give grafix card advice for me.i have 2500 Dollars Budget!

7. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    What about GTX760/770. I have a strong desire to buy these. Unfortunately I do not game and so feel it worthwhile to stick with GTX560.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. RawData

RawData MDL Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Worthwhile? I play only older RTS games occasionally, so I don't see point upgrading my GTX460 for years! :D

One small detail, if I may: You don't game, but you have gaming (GTX, instead of GT) card... and have strong desire to better one?
    Ok, I admit. Brand new top of the line GFX card would be nice to have, but hardware is aging way too fast nowadays!
    I just checked "my local little" computer shop and there are no poor GFX cards like mine for sale any more... :rip:

When one invests to new hardware, it's always good to remember that after getting new update installed, it's surprisinly soon that it becomes old, if not obsolete. So... unless you have too much money, don't get the best of the best, but best bang for a buck. That being said, the GTX660/670 looks reasonably good choice if nVidia is preferred. For AMD, I don't know as I don't use them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    In India at least, there is no point in buying NVIDIA mid range 6xx series (660) now as 7xx series are comparatively priced.

10. RawData

RawData MDL Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Price differences in different parts of world makes sometimes hard to compare products.
    Here in Finland, "everything" has pretty hefty price tag. :(

11. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    In India, hardware prices are higher even when converted from US$ and availability is 30-40% of what one gets in US.
    We have to first see what is available and then make a choice.
    OT: consider the erstwhile top Finnish manufacturer (Nokia). India is one of their largest market yet products are launched later and at higher prices. They have ruined years of goodwill in the Indian market by recent overpricing and delays.