Green Media Player 12

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by night.fox, Jan 16, 2010.

1. night.fox

night.fox MDL Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Good day to all.

When I tried playing avi file, for some reason, I could hear audio but the screen is green.

I was using Klite codec x64 earlier same. I uninstalled and installed win7codecs both 32 and 64 components, still same.

Can somebody help me on this? advance thanks to all

2. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    CCCP Codec.. it's the best and no impact on the system.. try it out..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. night.fox

night.fox MDL Member

Sep 21, 2009
    @ LQQL, thanks I have been using VLC since XP and vista but I think WMP 12 for me is good enough except of course the changing of infos for my mp3.

@ freeman, I have tried CCCP codec but for some reason, unable to play flv files. I am using 64 bit of WMP..

anyway, I have installed win7 codecs again and I found the problem. For some reason, there must be a conflict on the DirectVodsub and Microsoft Splitter. I found out that when I am using .sub file for substitles, it is causing the green problem. So I configured
    DirectVobSub and on the AVI configuration of win7codec settings, I used Gabbest filter, cause Microsoft Filter and Haali's filter are causing Green on the WMP when I play AVI file with substitles (.sub)... and now it should be okay

4. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    Ah, okay. I see.

5. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    For flv-files, the best way to go is still vlc player, or km player.

6. odinthegreatone

odinthegreatone MDL Junior Member

Dec 4, 2008
    You can try k-lite codec pack.

7. night.fox

night.fox MDL Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Well with some codec packs WMP 12 could play FLV also. As for me, I dont want to install a lot of media players as right now, wmp 12 is playing all media files including mkv files. I dont know about rmvb though.

I have been using k-lite codec pack but I find Win7 codecs much easier and more convenient cause I am using the 64 bit media player. Thanks anyway mate

8. mamber

mamber MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2009
    Just uninstall all that crap codecs-packs and you'll get all that you want. Win7 itself has support for all common codecs. As alternative way you can try MPC-HomeCinema or latest snapshot of FFDShow (those with DXVA support). But as for me, Windows 7 builtin codecs doing job very well.

P.S.: you really need to forget those crapware called K-Lite*. K-lite isn't good solution for your media, it is a source for your troubles with media.