Greetings and Salutations

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by irljc, Aug 24, 2015.

1. irljc

irljc MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2015
    Hi there,

Retired from all work now, 66yrs old. Working with computers since 1972 with an IBM360 workhorse. Forgot all that and moved into farming and Health and Safety. In 1989 went back to computers and after several courses taught computing at regional high school level and above. Had my own business too - Win3.11 - Win98SE mainly, then went back to Health and Safety, with a 2-year stint as a newspaper photographer.

Last 15 years been in my own biz again, contract teaching computing to local schools, but mainly developing/installing/maintaining systems. Decided at Vista release I'd had enough of contracts, so maintained a few clients until I retired two years ago.

Been running XP Pro since release; switch to Linux Mint 8 and dual-booted, then came back solely to WinXP and only decided to upgrade when I noticed Win 10 preview in Feb 2015.

Haven't kept up with photography as much as I'd like, but am looking at buying another digital soon.

Kind regards,

John

2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Hiya irljc,

Welcome to MDL. :) We have a photography thread here. Please post pics if you like. And the guys over there are knowledgeable with cameras.

I look forward to seeing you around the forum.

:MJ

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Marlon Orlando Wright

Feb 3, 2020
    excuse my interutin, I am flucke miss guided luck that falls on a pot of gold yet is in the desert, by the time you make it to anywhere you only have enough for a drink of water, so in reality, I like the fairy pic

5. spid-dx

spid-dx MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2020
    Hello and welcome.