group policy client service failed the login

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by submariner, Feb 11, 2011.

1. submariner

submariner MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2010
    I am getting this message if an account other than the administrator account is opened.
    The same applies if I try to create a new account.System restore does not help.
    Apart from re-installing windows 7, is there another fix?

2. submariner

submariner MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2010
    There are several solutions to your problem which may work but they are very messy so it's better (IMHO) to do a repair.[/QUOTE]
    The forum suggests an install/repair using the original version of windows 7 or newer.I have the disc I used for installing.The point is I used "Daz's" activation and everything is working fine accept I can't get into 2nd. user accounts.The only reason I was using a 2nd. account was to leave my wife's gmail account signed in to make it simpler for her to use.But now I see on my account if I log into my accounts on Google Chrome and she logs into her account on explorer 8 the PC recognizes the sign in on both.So I wonder if its worth the trouble of doing an install/repair and possibly then having to re-activate.
    The only other issue is on boot-up it still offers me the choice of Ubuntu or windows 7.I had Ubuntu installed on an external hard drive and removed it completely.But removing the dual choice is also rather involved.
    Thank you for your help.

3. submariner

submariner MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2010
    I decided to take your advice and do an "upgrade" re-install".As my version of windows 7 was a condensed version [windows 7 Tiny] only 530mB, I downloaded a "final version" of windows 7 ultimate.Booted from the "set-up" option and chose "upgrade".
    Everything works perfectly.I see I still have "windows old" on my files which has 22GB whereas the new version has only 9GB.If I select "earlier windows version" from the boot choice it informs something is missing and can't start.So I'll just remove the boot option.Is there any point in amalgamating the old and new windows versions?
    Again, many thanks for your help.