Grub2 File Manager USB Install

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by mephistooo2, Mar 5, 2020.

1. mephistooo2

mephistooo2 MDL Junior Member

Feb 5, 2008
    #1 mephistooo2, Mar 5, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    [​IMG]

Secure Boot Grub2 File Manager USB Install

The script works automatically with administrator rights, just double-click it.

ATTENTION:

• With this script, your USB HDD or flash disk that you want to install Grub2 File Manager will be completely formatted. Take precaution for data loss.
    • This script is only works on Windows 10, don't try it on down versions. You will encounter errors

With Script, you can easily install Grub2 File Manager for your USB HDD and flash disks.

The script creates a 40 MB FAT32 partition to the first part of the USB disk you select and copies files of Grub2 File Manager to this part. Formats the rest of the disk as NTFS.

The FAT32 part gets the V drive letter and the NTFS part gets the W drive letter.

Drivers of these letters on your computer before running the script make sure it is not used by.

The script can also be installed on vhd and vhdx virtual disks.

Grub2 File Manager installed USB disk works in both MBR and UEFI mode.

It also works when secure boot is on in UEFI mode but it may not works on every hardware.

In this case secure boot from the bios settings of the relevant computer it should be closed.

The USB disk with Grub2 File Manager installed runs smoothly in UEFI mode on x64 processors, but I couldn't test it because I don't have a computer that supports x86 UEFI, it should run theoretically.

Download Link:
    https://mega.nz/#!sMoCSKAL!Cf8SGFlYS-zwU6xBMfrNokJcaE4vOzv9PiCH3niSx8E

RAR Pass: 2019
    Note: Use WinRar v5x for extract

Credits:
    @a1ive

Grub2 File Manager Github Link:
    https://github.com/a1ive/grub2-filemanager

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mephistooo2

Feb 5, 2008
    #2 mephistooo2, Mar 5, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    (OP)
    I made a little error in Grub2 File Manager USB Setup script, I fixed the error.

The link in the subject has been repackaged.

Former downloaders can download the content of Grub2FM.cmd from the link below.

https://paste.ee/p/e16Lx

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. @mephistooo2 brother EFI_Boot Partition must be set as hidden system partition upon exit of script so that there will be only one ntfs partition visible to user.

2. there must be an option to use either MBR or GPT structured but as i can see its only set to mbr only default .
    Nice Script for making a secure boot enabled Bootable USB so that user can boot from it directly without setting secure boot to off as per previous bootable usb creators.
    Thanks & Regards.

4. mephistooo2

Feb 5, 2008
    #4 mephistooo2, Mar 6, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    (OP)
    Dear @Disk2019

It is the most compatible disk MBR structure for all hardware.

The script configures the disk as mbr, but it also works fine in uefi mode

There is no need to install UEFI separately, if there is an efi file in FAT32 section, all computers that support UEFI automatically load the efi file

When the files belonging to Grub2FM are updated, I did not hide the Fat32 part so that the user can easily update it