Grub2FM Suite

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by mephistooo2, May 26, 2020.

1. mephistooo2

mephistooo2 MDL Junior Member

Feb 5, 2008
    #1 mephistooo2, May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
    Preview.png

ATTENTION:

The script file of the Grub2FM Suite method works onl on Windows 10.

With this script, the entire USB HDD and flash disk you want to install Grub2 File Manager will be completely formatted.
    Take precaution for data loss.

The script works automatically with administrator rights, just double-click it.

With Script, you can easily install Grub2 File Manager for your USB-HDD and flash disks.

The script can also be installed on vhd and vhdx virtual disks. It also automatically downloads the Release Grub2FM files in the language of your choice from the Github site. You can then install it on all or part of your USB disk.

FEATURES:

• Supports Secure Boot.
    • It supports all languages supported by Grub2FM.
    • It supports the installation of the whole or part of the disk.
    • It supports MBR, Efi x86 and Efi x64.
    • Turkish and English installation interface language options are available.
    Grub2 File Manager installed USB disk works in both MBR and UEFI mode. Grub2FM efi files also work with UEFI mode secure boot, but you must first introduce the SecureBoot.cer file to BIOS.

Grub2FM Suite Trailer (Turkish Language :) ) by crasadure from TNCTR

A brief description of how to do SecureBoot:

[​IMG]

Download Link:
    https://mega.nz/file/FABlhKhS#TF2w8Z5iWG_Nd_5ewzE3w1y7TrQWTqqBMo4vh2qma9U

RAR Pass: 2020
    Note: Use WinRar v5x for extract

Credits:
    @a1ive

Grub2 File Manager Github Link:
    https://github.com/a1ive/grub2-filemanager

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mephistooo2

Feb 5, 2008
    Grub2FM Suite updated.

Changelog:
    FAT32 partition size is set to be determined by user.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. wbettss1972

wbettss1972 MDL Novice

Mar 17, 2020
    This looks like it will be great but i am having an issue, whenever i boot i get Linpus Lite boot failed i have turned secure boot on and off, still not working using it on a lenovo idea pad, Is there a way you can modify and have the option to turn secure boot off.

Thanks for the hard work you have put in to this.

Have a great day.

4. pinkfufu

pinkfufu MDL Novice

May 20, 2011
    Looks interesting.

Does this allow booting from a USB flash disk on a UEFI system with secure boot whether enabled or disabled (with CSM enabled)?

At present I have a USB flash disk with grub4dos which allows booting BIOS systems into any one of a number of ISOs. I want to create an equivalent USB flash disk for booting a UEFI system (specifically a Microsoft Surface Pro X) into the same ISOs. After trying various tools and utilities, I have succeeded in creating a working UEFI boot disk using https://www.ventoy.net/en/index.html. This boot disk does the job, but it is not quite as versatile as the grub4dos boot disk.

Is it possible to set up grub4dos to boot UEFI systems? How?

TIA.

5. mephistooo2

Feb 5, 2008
    The Ventoy project is too weak in terms of talent than the Grub2 File Manager project.

There is no need to install Grub4DOS after installing Grub2 File Manager on USB disk.

You can boot all Windows, WinPE and Linux iso files smoothly in both efi and mbr mode.

It also supports secure boot.

6. pinkfufu

pinkfufu MDL Novice

May 20, 2011
    Thanks for the reply.

Is installing Grub2 File Manager to the USB flash disk only sufficient to boot from ISOs on the flash disk? Want to be sure that Grub2 File Manager does not need to be installed to the PC hard disk.

Thanks.