Gt33 AM motherboard

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Teasrojo, May 16, 2010.

1. Teasrojo

Teasrojo MDL Novice

May 16, 2010
    I am trying to install the parts from my acer aspire m5621 into a larger case specifically a cooler master 932. I am having trouble connectingthe on off switch to the right place Acer says they can't help me because I am not an authorized service tech and cooler master says its acers problem. The mother board is GT33-AM . Is there any one out there that can give me some information?

2. kingedwards

kingedwards MDL Junior Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Almost every motherboard I have worked with has a cluster of pinsets that are for connecting the front I/O and power switch. If you can locate this cluster then you are off to a good start. I have not played with your specific motherboard yet, but check very closely to the writing around the pinsets right on the PCB of the motherboard. Sometimes they are labeled PS for power switch and ground. If they are not labeled there is a trick you can use to quickly identify which two pins activate your motherboard. What you want to do is completely hook up your computer and plug in the power supply. Next take a non magnetic flathead screwdriver and touch two pins at a time starting at the end of the cluster. When you hit the right two pins the computer will turn on and you will know what pins to hook the power switch up to. Your next dilemma is figuring out which of the pins is the ground and which is the switch. This can be done through trial by error. If you put the jumper on the pins and it does not work, just switch the jumper around and you are done.

If you are still having trouble send me a pic of the motherboard and I will help you out.

3. Teasrojo

Teasrojo MDL Novice

May 16, 2010
    Thankyou for the information I will try to work it out from there. You are much appreciated.

4. clausbelly

clausbelly MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2010
    The P4 3.06Ghz is a socket 478 chip and the GT31 and GT33 are socket 775 motherboards.if you can find a 96SP 768MB 9600GSO then that would be better. I guess Nvidia did the cutting of SP on 9600GSO maybe bcoz it overpowered 9600GT.